South Birmingham golf resorts

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Please can anyone suggest a nice hotel golf and spa resort for me and my Mrs for a 2 night break in Birmingham or South of the city. Traveling from Kent and can go up the M1 or M40, but it needs to be easy to get into the city for a gig in the evening.
Forest of Arden is fully booked. The Belfry (i know isn't South) is nice but I've been there so would like something new.
Thanks.

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Only played it once but Abbey course and hotel seemed nice enough but still a reasonable taxi into birmingham.

I'd probably say it depends if you're going mid-week or weekend.

Could look at either staying centre of Birmingham - Park Regis, Malmaison etc have hotel and spa and then try to get courses like Edgbaston (couple of miles) and Harborne in the centre. Means you just walk home after the gig and more to do on evenings.

Or stay Birmingham international at Genting Hotel, short train into Birmingham running late for the end of the gig and then play courses like Olton, Robin Hood, West Midlands Golf Club.

The Warwickshire or the Welcombe could also be suggestions with hotels on site but they're further down m40 and I wouldn't really class them as taxi into Brum territory.

Last edited:

PIng

Head Pro
Visit site
As previously mentioned, the only one on the south side with a hotel that springs to mind is the Abbey Hotel course. Not a bad course reasonably priced. If I think of any others I'll let you know.
Edgbaston is closest to the city centre, but expensive. Harborne is good but not walking distance from town.