Some more brain melting swing stuff!!!!

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well after chopping my way round yesterday i had to get to the range this evening after work and try figure out what was going on.....
Had the whole place to myself which was neat....
The camera angle is a little funny.... My phone was doing a balancing act on my carry bag.....

4 Iron.... [video=youtube;q9mLofcCDng]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9mLofcCDng&feature=c4-overview&list=UUzRr8uz3CMJNmJMzVM5xLzw[/video]

The last one i started too far right and it ended up being a push.....
Thats my main miss......

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Looks a nice powerful swing.
Thought you said you had the whole place to yourself,thats spooky im sure I can hear
someone else.
Good commitment though,looks like single figures is just around the corner.

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Looks a nice powerful swing.
Thought you said you had the whole place to yourself,thats spooky im sure I can hear
someone else.
Good commitment though,looks like single figures is just around the corner.

Just as i finished hitting those couple of balls he disappeared pal..... It was pretty quiet there for a finish.....
I said it give myself 12 months from last October to try and sort the swing PJ and after that im going to really make a stab at singles.... My main concern was the swing.. I had to sort that first and then ill concentrate on the short stuff....

Last edited:

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
You've got one of those swings that makes me think you need shipping and putting lessons.

It wasn't always like that pal..Just ask Bob or James....... I still have a few things to be workin on for this winter...... My short game is pretty decent though.. that's what gets me out of trouble especially when I'm not swinging well...

Last edited:

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
I would like to see you sort out your posture, stand closer to the ball with your bum more back, then you can swing more down the line and not early extend thru impact. Your weight looks too forwards. Power clearly isn't the issue :thup:

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Disclaimer- I ain't no 'expert' but I do have a healthy interest in the technicalities of the swing.

1) Looks good overall and you'll be hard to beat off 11:eek:
2) agree that you look to be stretching a tad so stand a bit closer, let the arms hang, bum out and straight spine.
3) Are you aiming right of that yellow marker? hips and club look like they are but maybe camera angle
4) retain your spine angle and right knee flex in the backswing (or are you a S&T-er), retain your spine angle in the downswing and keep your bum out touching the imaginary wall behind you as you appear to be extending your hips towards the ball and losing spine angle.

that's enough from me, looks like you have the makings of cat1 with a few tweaks:thup:

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Ask yourself how can you turn your right shoulder DOWN to the ball if you're in the process of standing up?

Hands forwards, shoulder down and out, hips back.

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Disclaimer- I ain't no 'expert' but I do have a healthy interest in the technicalities of the swing.

1) Looks good overall and you'll be hard to beat off 11:eek:
2) agree that you look to be stretching a tad so stand a bit closer, let the arms hang, bum out and straight spine.
3) Are you aiming right of that yellow marker? hips and club look like they are but maybe camera angle
4) retain your spine angle and right knee flex in the backswing (or are you a S&T-er), retain your spine angle in the downswing and keep your bum out touching the imaginary wall behind you as you appear to be extending your hips towards the ball and losing spine angle.

that's enough from me, looks like you have the makings of cat1 with a few tweaks:thup:

Well I'm trying to start the ball just left of all the yardage markers you can see... Its hard to see but theres a yellow flag at rounghly 175 Mtrs and that's where I'm trying to get the ball to finish.... Might be a tad hard to see with my body in the way......

I think if I can get my head round the posture thing then ill be away in a hack.... Its a weird feeling to get though because if I stand closer to the ball and bend more then it feels like the toe of the club is way up in the air......

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ask yourself how can you turn your right shoulder DOWN to the ball if you're in the process of standing up?

Hands forwards, shoulder down and out, hips back.

The swing thought I try give myself is to look out under the shot James...... Doesn't always work though.....

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Would this be why I get an odd unmentionable at times with the new swingpath?

Sorry, I don't know enough to answer that. It's just that the first thought that struck me watching the video was that you looked too far away from the ball, then at the finish it appears that most of your weight is on your toes.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
The swing thought I try give myself is to look out under the shot James...... Doesn't always work though.....

I know, I understand what you're going thru.

My posture advice would be to stand a bit closer with your feet then 'back your thighs away from the ball' about 4 inches. That will put your bum back and give you a decent spine angle at address... a well balanced one.

You could try this....

Stand up dead straight with your back to a wall, standing about 5-6" from the wall... now bend over in such a way that your bum touches the wall behind you with NO knee bend.. (your chest comes forwards and your bum goes back!) once you're there you just 'crack' your knees an inch or two and voila! settle in the middle of your feet and you're good to go.

I know I keep going on about this... I'll stop now :eek:

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
I know, I understand what you're going thru.

My posture advice would be to stand a bit closer with your feet then 'back your thighs away from the ball' about 4 inches. That will put your bum back and give you a decent spine angle at address... a well balanced one.

You could try this....

Stand up dead straight with your back to a wall, standing about 5-6" from the wall... now bend over in such a way that your bum touches the wall behind you with NO knee bend.. (your chest comes forwards and your bum goes back!) once you're there you just 'crack' your knees an inch or two and voila! settle in the middle of your feet and you're good to go.

I know I keep going on about this... I'll stop now :eek:

Don't worry pal.... Ill soon twig the feeling I need.... All this is for a reapeatable swing that hopefully won't cave under pressure which is my goal.... If it takes a few months it'll be worth it.... I have a 6 iron and driver swing done as well but can't seem to get them on here from my phone.... Ill copy them tonight from the laptop..... I think the 6 iron maybe a little closer to what I need to do.

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Still the same with this James...... Or any better.... Bare in mind now that this is also from last night....:lol:

[video=youtube;7OXl7PhWv8k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OXl7PhWv8k&feature=c4-overview&list=UUzRr8uz3CMJNmJMzVM5xLzw[/video]

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'd like to see a bit more extension................on those trouser legs!!!

Or loosen the belt a notch? ;)

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'd like to see a bit more extension................on those trouser legs!!!

Or loosen the belt a notch? ;)

:rofl: Admittedly the pants are a tad short in the leg department Rob...... But Iv lost nearly 3/4's of a stone since the start of the year so I think its time to go shopping again...... Bit late to be doing anything with the legs now though... I'm short bodies long legged..... :lol: Your not the first to be ripping the preverbial.....

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Still the same with this James...... Or any better.... Bare in mind now that this is also from last night....:lol:

I think your 'early extension vid' in the other thread explains quite well what you're doing, or not doing as the case may be.

your shoulders aren't working in the correct orientation beacuse your left hip doesn't allow them as it's not working SouthWest and that's because your set up posture doesn't allow them to... it's a chain of events (normally started by your 'wantingness' to swing OUT).

That said, your ball stiking itself is lovely there,... I hate you for that :D:D :rofl: LOLOLOL

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
:rofl: Admittedly the pants are a tad short in the leg department Rob...... But Iv lost nearly 3/4's of a stone since the start of the year so I think its time to go shopping again...... Bit late to be doing anything with the legs now though... I'm short bodies long legged..... :lol: Your not the first to be ripping the preverbial.....

Haha, shop for new pants or eat poorly to put the weight back on!!?? Dilemma ;)

Similar to you, I gave up football after 20yrs up and down the country - piled on some weight and was left with a choice....36" waist trousers or getting the gym, chose the latter :)