Solheim Cup 2024

Arthur Wedge

Visit site

Doesn’t seem to be too much talk about the event

Last couple have been very good

Europe have won/retained the last 3 , will they be the first to win 4 on the bounce

Last edited by a moderator:

D-S

Visit site
As is my wont I have been gradually placing bets over the last year on the USA. Happy to lose my money but I don’t think I will.

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
No but due to COVID delays they ended up the same year as the Ryder Cup, so they are playing two in two years to get back to non-Ryder Cup years.
Other way round actually, due to COVID delays the Ryder Cup ended up the same year as the Solheim, but it’s the Ladies that are playing in consecutive years not the men. Same happened in 2001, when the Ryder Cup was postponed due to 9/11. The Solheim was played in 2002 and 2003.
The Ryder Cup has never been played in consecutive years, it has had two 3 year gaps but the Solheim appears to “give way” to accommodate.

C7usk

Visit site

Doesn’t seem to be too much talk about the event

Last couple have been very good

Europe have won/retained the last 3 , will they be the first to win 4 on the bounce
Didn't actually realise it was this weekend... Excellent, some competitive golf to look forward to.. The last couple have been very good indeed.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Apparently there's a spat between the two teams who share adjacent accommodation, and the Americans (who had first choice of the accomodation) are moaning about the noise from the Europeans at breakfast, as there is not enough space in the European accommodation for them to all sit inside and eat together. Likewise our friends from across the pond have objected to the Europeans using practice bays closest to the Amerixans accommodation because it's disturbing them

Crank up the music girls and get a shipment in of them really loud Cobra drivers, that were on the market a few years back, is what I say.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Apparently there's a spat between the two teams who share adjacent accommodation, and the Americans (who had first choice of the accomodation) are moaning about the noise from the Europeans at breakfast, as there is not enough space in the European accommodation for them to all sit inside and eat together. Likewise our friends from across the pond have objected to the Europeans using practice bays closest to the Amerixans accommodation because it's disturbing them

Crank up the music girls and get a shipment in of them really loud Cobra drivers, that were on the market a few years back, is what I say.
Any old Nike Sumo's knocking around. They were awful for their sound. Sounds like the US are starting the mind games. Are they worried perhaps?

Arthur Wedge

Visit site

Not a surprise with the yanks being captained by one of the biggest moaners and adding in the likes of Thompson

MACM85

Visit site
Odd to not see Leona Maguire out in the morning as her record in the Solheim is very good. Granted her recent form hasn't been great