So what are you listening to at the moment?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had the new Coheed and Cambria album on spin for most of the last week. Absolute masterpiece.
I haven't listened to them in donkey's years, cool that they're still going. I'll give that one a look later on. (y) Silent Earth 3 was the main one I had back in the day. Class.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
I haven't listened to them in donkey's years, cool that they're still going. I'll give that one a look later on. (y) Silent Earth 3 was the main one I had back in the day. Class.

Yea, so the one they released after Silent Earth, Good Apollo IV: Part 1, was their best work, by quite some distance....they've released another 6(ish) albums since then...and this album is their best since Good Apollo IV by a comfortable distance.

I've had it on repeat all day today.

Carlwm

Visit site
Noticed a few Blackberry Smoke fans on the forum. If you like them, you might also enjoy The Steel Woods, who supported them on a recent UK tour. They're a little more country but they make a lovely noise.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Have had a Best of Jimmy Somerville, Bronski Beat and The Communards CD on in the car these last few days.

I know there are a load of lovers of serious ‘guitar guys’, metal and ‘rock’ on here, and I too can enjoy that - of course I can and do, but for simple exuberance and sheer dance-and sing-along :ROFLMAO: fun, and as unfashionable and unlikely it might seem, I contend that a good dollop of 80s electronic disco takes some beating when you are driving…

And so dear peeps, maybe just for a mo cast aside any prejudice and preconceptions you might have and just enjoy ?

Last edited:

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
New long player from Deaf Havana, who are one of the better Brit rock bands of the last 10 years or so (in my opinion of course). Delightful return to form after their last album (pre-covid) didn’t really grab me.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Not music, but Radio 4 In Our Time.
I've just listened to one on The Death of Stars.
Absolutely brilliant listening. I can't even pretend to understand half of what they are talking about, but the way they can analyse the Universe, how Stars begin, live and die, how they burn for so long, what happens to them at the end of their life, the battle between nuclear fusion and gravity that keeps them going.
If you like anything like this, I would highly recommend it.