So what are you listening to at the moment?

IanMcC

Visit site
I promised myself I would not peek in here again, as it is a bit too hairy and depressing. I did though, and predictably was unfulfilled. I truly hope it isn't golf that hones peoples tastes to the ancient and middle-of-the-road.
Here is a list of the acts I admired at our last festival, in approximate order of preference.

Frazey Ford
Dry Cleaning
Wedding Present
The Umlauts
Jesse Buckley & Bernard Butler
Tune-yards
Pip Blom
Melin Melyn
Ezra Furman
Ural Thomas & The Pain
Elanor Moss
Kraftwerk
Alex G
Arab Strap
Mertonomy
Pictish Trail.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I promised myself I would not peek in here again, as it is a bit too hairy and depressing. I did though, and predictably was unfulfilled. I truly hope it isn't golf that hones peoples tastes to the ancient and middle-of-the-road.
Here is a list of the acts I admired at our last festival, in approximate order of preference.

Frazey Ford
Dry Cleaning
Wedding Present
The Umlauts
Jesse Buckley & Bernard Butler
Tune-yards
Pip Blom
Melin Melyn
Ezra Furman
Ural Thomas & The Pain
Elanor Moss
Kraftwerk
Alex G
Arab Strap
Mertonomy
Pictish Trail.

?. I’m one of the ancient only heard of two of them

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
From the Yes album Going for the One...Awaken

Back in the day I found a lot of Yes stuff a bit difficult and much less accessible than Genesis - so I didn't buy any Yes and instead focussed on Genesis - my paper round money and then student grant didn't stretch to both. Last few years I've picked up all the earlier and classic Yes albums on vinyl. And more and more I get and appreciate their music.

One album been listening to is Going for the One...and this track from it is pretty darned awesome - long, complex and possibly in places a bit overblown - but goodness...what musicianship - and when I want to shut out the problems of today I play loud in a darkened (or not) room and close my eyes.

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Frazey Ford…gosh…she slipped my mind. I stumbled across her a few years ago and loved the track I heard. Must go give more listening time to her - find the track I loved though can’t recall what it was called…

Meanwhile a favourite from (I can hardly believe it to be so) 24yrs ago … 1998.

Last edited: