Enjoying my golf so much more thanks to the light evenings!!!

bluenose10

Assistant Pro
www.collingtreeparkgolf.com
I am enjoying my Golf so much at the moment and i think it's down to a number of reasons including the decent-ish weather, the people I am playing with and a more laid back attitude to my rounds (not losing my head if i have a poor round as there is always tomorrow). However the one factor that I am really enjoying is the light evenings leading to extra time for Golf.

My course is always rammed at the weekend and is really slow (not having a go at people playing slowly - they pay their membership like me, each to their own) but when i finish work and we play 9 holes from 6pm it is deserted, and i have to say it's awesome. No waiting around for people and you can try different things from bunkers etc. This has led to me doing something i thought i would never do . . . playing solo!!! This may not mean anything to hardened golfers but i never used to play solo, thinking it's a bit sad but now i just don't care - it's all about being out on the course, which i get now. Soon it will be light late enough to get 18 holes in!!!

Sorry for the long post but just wondered if anyone else has the same view with evening Golf as opposed to the hustle and bustle of the saturday / sunday morning roll up.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Totally agree. Something rather nice about nine holes in the evening in your own company. A time to think things over, try some different shots and maybe enjoy the view more than you'd normally do.

I like it and often hit two balls especially around the greens trying different shots. No pressure and I normally play better

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
A summer evening knock is marvellous. Normally perfect still conditions - the wind always seems to have dropped. Deserted course, no pressure from following golfers.

Just you and the course in a peaceful setting.

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
nowt wrong with playing solo, gives you a chance to play a few chip shots and practise putting on the real greens. i just play for the enjoyment and dont take things serious. although in another thread i said that might change if i ever get to single figures. :)

Steve79

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Evening golf is the way forward....
My course is normally rammed on the weekend.
I played twice last week, teed of at 5pm and played 18holes and at 6.30pm for 9holes the course was empty both times.
Had a nice relaxed round, no waiting on tees for the group infront, just strolled around and was hitting the ball lovely.
Played on Sunday morning the whole way round i was saying to myself to imagine it was one of the evening rounds id had earlier that week. I beat my PB by 5 shots and scored 40pts!!