So what are you listening to at the moment?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
And in my car CD player at the moment - Led Zep Greatest Hits Volume 1.

Now I've only ever listened to a handful of the really well known/popular 'hits' but I've never listened to any that doidn't get much radio play or wasn't to be found on the Student Union or pub juke box. And so if you'd asked me a week ago I'd have said 'I don't get Led Zep'. But guess what - after a couple of listenings I think I am beginning to get Led Zeppelin. Still not totally getting - but amazing what you discover when you open your mind and actually listen :)

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Listening to the new Arcade Fire album, not sure quite what to make of it - nothing particularly memorable after a couple of listens.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site

Now I've only ever listened to a handful of the really well known/popular 'hits' but I've never listened to any that doidn't get much radio play or wasn't to be found on the Student Union or pub juke box. And so if you'd asked me a week ago I'd have said 'I don't get Led Zep'. But guess what - after a couple of listenings I think I am beginning to get Led Zeppelin. Still not totally getting - but amazing what you discover when you open your mind and actually listen :)

Hugh your in box is full :thup:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

:rolleyes: If only you could apply this logic yourself in other threads; I really don't know whether to laugh or cry. :rofl:

Next up, King Herod offers us advice on childcare……… :mmm:

Back to the music;

[video=youtube;-SJZh9onw2Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SJZh9onw2Y[/video]

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
[video=youtube;ZTbTHlTmDX8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTbTHlTmDX8[/video]

Thanks for some great songs, RIP Glen.

Agreed. A great musician in every sense of the word. The recent documentary about his final tour as his illness took hold was happy, shocking, heart warming and dreadfully poignant.

Last edited:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Agreed. A great musician in every sense of the word. The recent documentary about his final tour as his illness took hold was happy, shocking, heart warming and dreadfully poignant.

Indeed. Never realised how much stuff he appeared on as a member of the Wrecking Crew before his solo success until I visited the Musicians Hall of Fame in Nashville. Don't remember the name of the documentary do you Johnny, I wouldn't mind looking that up.

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
Indeed. Never realised how much stuff he appeared on as a member of the Wrecking Crew before his solo success until I visited the Musicians Hall of Fame in Nashville. Don't remember the name of the documentary do you Johnny, I wouldn't mind looking that up.

It's called "I'll be me". I think it was a cinema release documentary made in 2014. Had a look online and it has been up on YouTube but was removed due to copyright breach.

EDIT

it's currently available on demand on Sky Arts:thup:

Last edited: