So what are you listening to at the moment?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
This might seem a little sad - but currently in my car CD player is Alexander O'Neal's Hearsay and having not heard that stuff in 30yrs - and given it is that old - it is actually rather good and takes me back to when I met my now Mrs...

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hey guys, please give this a listen, it's awesome.
Great singer, great guitarist.
Just great.

[video=youtube_share;UEHwO_UEp7A]https://youtu.be/UEHwO_UEp7A[/video]

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I'm slowing picking CDs of artists I haven't previsouly or much listened to from my wife's pal S's CD library and giving them a listen. S has basically given us her complete CD collection - a good few hundred CDs. Might try and sell them through church fair - but I will keep hold of some I like. The collection is early 1980s through to mid 00s and is an eclectic mix. Dance, Hip Hop, Smooth Jazz, Soul - but no pop pap (other than a Take That Greatest Hits :) )

So in the car player today I have The Last Shadow Puppets - The Age of Understatement - Now this is a fun and interesting album. Yesterday it was Basement Jaxx; others sitting in the car include Scruffy; Chemical Brothers; Alabama 3; Paul Weller; Radiohead. Just so much I haven't listened to before :) But blimey - it's a task

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm slowing picking CDs of artists I haven't previsouly or much listened to from my wife's pal S's CD library and giving them a listen. S has basically given us her complete CD collection - a good few hundred CDs. Might try and sell them through church fair - but I will keep hold of some I like. The collection is early 1980s through to mid 00s and is an eclectic mix. Dance, Hip Hop, Smooth Jazz, Soul - but no pop pap (other than a Take That Greatest Hits :) )

So in the car player today I have The Last Shadow Puppets - The Age of Understatement - Now this is a fun and interesting album. Yesterday it was Basement Jaxx; others sitting in the car include Scruffy; Chemical Brothers; Alabama 3; Paul Weller; Radiohead. Just so much I haven't listened to before :) But blimey - it's a task

Superb and vastly underrated band.

top picks would be "Aint going to Goa" and "Woke up this morning" (famous to any TV Mafia fans)

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
Listening to passenger, his Whispers Deluxe Version has half the songs in acoustic rather than studio form. His voice and playing is pretty awesome. Also great lyrics he really tells stories with his songs. Enjoying 27 (About his age and what he has to achieve) and Riding to New York (About an old man dying of cancer).

Also enjoying Michael Kiwanuka, CCR, Avicii and Billy Idol.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Listening to passenger, his Whispers Deluxe Version has half the songs in acoustic rather than studio form. His voice and playing is pretty awesome. Also great lyrics he really tells stories with his songs. Enjoying 27 (About his age and what he has to achieve) and Riding to New York (About an old man dying of cancer).

Also enjoying Michael Kiwanuka, CCR, Avicii and Billy Idol.

Watched Passenger live at Kew Gardens a couple of weeks ago. New album was announced on social media last night so I have ordered that straight away. Of all the albums, 'All the Little Lights' is my favourite but Whispers is a close second.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
My old apprentice's as lead singer in, Live Session: Led Zeppelin Tribute Acoustic session and interview on " The Cats Cream " April 2017.
I'm not a Led Zep fan, but quite enjoyed it, and delighted he's doing well , touring with the Led Zeppelin story, UnLEDed .

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
[video=youtube_share;qM0zINtulhM]https://youtu.be/qM0zINtulhM[/video]

Still sounding as good as it did 26 years of....

I finally figured out what that song was actually about on a month or so ago, even though i had heard it all those years back maybe 1000 times since

Seriously grim subject matter

Belting little number though

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
[video=youtube;cu-7WSjaVyU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cu-7WSjaVyU[/video]

Brilliant podcast with Dorian Yates and Joe Rogan. Speaks in detail about his bodybuilding career, how to train, the use of steroids, how he trains now, what he thinks of the current bodybuilding circuit, drugs, spirituality, his use of Ayahuasca and DMT. Really fascinating stuff, and motivating, makes me want to really smash out a good workout at the gym later.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Saw Skippnish in Stranraer on Saturday.......great entertainment and some serious dancing by the locals.

There are a whole load of great young Scottish Folk bands and they are very popular. Skipinnish originate from Tiree (where my father is from and my spiritual home) as do Trail West (my cousin's lad was in that one) and Skerryvore.

Brilliant that one wee Scottish Island is producing fantastic musical talent - but like many of the Hebridean islands - Tiree has always had a great musical and poetry traditional with the island producing many bards over the last couple of centuries.

Last edited: