So what are you listening to at the moment?

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Been decorating the kitchen yesterday so spent the day listening to Aussie Pink Floyd as I'm going to see them in a few weeks, must say they are pretty good maybe the singer who was doing the Rodger Walters songs was the only let down.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Been decorating the kitchen yesterday so spent the day listening to Aussie Pink Floyd as I'm going to see them in a few weeks, must say they are pretty good maybe the singer who was doing the Rodger Walters songs was the only let down.

This may be a stupid question but why not listen to the originals? Surely the intention of these tribute bands is to sound exactly like the originals. I can sort of see the attraction in seeing tribute bands live if there is no way you can see the originals, but struggle to see why you would listen to a tribute band trying to do perfect copies of the original, when you can just listen to the originals instead. Or have I missed something, do the tribute bands do their own songs based on the style of the originals?

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
This may be a stupid question but why not listen to the originals? Surely the intention of these tribute bands is to sound exactly like the originals. I can sort of see the attraction in seeing tribute bands live if there is no way you can see the originals, but struggle to see why you would listen to a tribute band trying to do perfect copies of the original, when you can just listen to the originals instead. Or have I missed something, do the tribute bands do their own songs based on the style of the originals?

Not normally a fan of tribute bands, saw a Fleetwood Mac one a few years ago and they were that poor I nearly walked out, seeing as I got tickets to see them and they apparently are that good I wanted to hear them.

Agree with you that listening to the originals is best but I googled a track on my iPad and as I was busy painting just let the tracks keep playing.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Aussie Pink Floyd are brilliant and its a full stage show a la Floyd. Granted the voices are different but the musicianship is brilliant and authentic to the original

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Listening to Jace Everett, Bad Things theme tune to True Blood, see he's on in Glasgow when I'm down in October so going to get tickets,on the night before Aussie Pink Floyd should be a good weekend.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Cure - Disintegration. One of my favourite albums of all time. On vinyl, with a bottle of red and a couple of bored dogs. Sometimes, just sometimes, life throws a perfect hour at you.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
At work, yesterday evening, had Rude Boy Revival on at top volume...
Everyone that walked past my room tapped on the glass with a full on smile and a :thup:...
Proper feelgood sounds...

This morning, whilst doing a bit of baking, it has to be Ultimate Kylie...
Really helps with my stirring...