So what are you listening to at the moment?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
On my quest to see more live music I rocked up to Sub89 in Reading to see Special Kinda Madness last night. I assumed they were a Madness tribute act and they started off doing the nutty boys proud. However, the clue was in the name and part two was a Specials set. These guys are really good, musically, decent front man and if you ever get a chance to catch them somewhere they are worth the effort

The plus side is it's rekindled the two tone vibe and spent some of the morning loading loads of it onto Spotify and driving HID nuts with it

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Went watching Joanna Newsom in Liverpool last week after being a fan for years

Took particular interest in this song as she performed it and have watched it a few times since.

[video=youtube;Ah00XF1Bwp0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah00XF1Bwp0[/video]

Very, Very Somber stuff and beautifully delivered.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I'm working my way through a load of vinyl I picked up from a charity shop last year. Currently listening to Family A Song For Me from 1970; and Atomic Rooster Death Walks Behind You from 1973. Both classics and still excellent.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Had Marillion - Misplaced Childhood on my way down to sunny Scunny this morning, such a great album.
Fish (not the forum member) is doing the album in Newcastle in a few weeks time, can't decide whether to get tickets or not.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just found Best of Clubscene Records on Spotify and reliving some past glories and getting chills from the memories they invoke.

Suburban Delay's version of Visage's Fade to Grey is super, Scottish Techno at it's best.

Clubscene, along with Evolution Records, flew the flag for Scotland in a truly international scene.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just found Best of Clubscene Records on Spotify and reliving some past glories and getting chills from the memories they invoke.

Suburban Delay's version of Visage's Fade to Grey is super, Scottish Techno at it's best.

Clubscene, along with Evolution Records, flew the flag for Scotland in a truly international scene.

And lo-and-behold (or search and ye shall find) Evolution Records Classics vol. 1 & 2 also on good ole Spotify. Justifying my tenner a month now.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Not too keen on much of the stuff in the charts these days, but I came across Foxes new album All I Need whilst searching for articles on Leicester City! Best pop music that I've listened to for some time.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Listening to Elle King at the moment. It's a bit pop, a bit rock and a bit country. Totally not my normal choice but the album is great