So what are you listening to at the moment?

D

Deleted member 3432

Driving home this after after night shift listening to OK Computer, Radiohead. An incredible album that still gets better after every play even after all these years!

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Driving home this after after night shift listening to OK Computer, Radiohead. An incredible album that still gets better after every play even after all these years!

That first song would be a haunting driving tune...

Were you driving a fast, German car?

evahakool

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Listening to Springsteens We Shall Overcome the Seeger sessions.

Never been a fan of Springsteens,but my brother gave me this cd after seeing him when they toured a few years ago,right up there in my all time favourites absolutely love this album,and would have liked to see it live.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
While I have been chasing hot water through radiators, I have been immersing myself in Pink Floyd's The Endless River.
Fantastic album that is a very emotive echo of the past and very much Rick Wrights work in the most part, especially Autumn '68 where he plays the organ in the Royal Albert Hall.
A great touch as well that the title is the essence of the last lyric of the last song on The Division Bell, High Hopes
The Endless River... Forever and Ever!!!

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
While I have been chasing hot water through radiators, I have been immersing myself in Pink Floyd's The Endless River.
Fantastic album that is a very emotive echo of the past and very much Rick Wrights work in the most part, especially Autumn '68 where he plays the organ in the Royal Albert Hall.
A great touch as well that the title is the essence of the last lyric of the last song on The Division Bell, High Hopes
The Endless River... Forever and Ever!!!

As a massive Floyd fan (Atom Heart Mother onwards) I like The Endless River but because of how it was put together it lacks a cohesive direction for me. I listen to it more as an 'ambient' soundscape and I'm slightly saddened that their last album was not perhaps a bit more cohesive and song based.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
As a massive Floyd fan (Atom Heart Mother onwards) I like The Endless River but because of how it was put together it lacks a cohesive direction for me. I listen to it more as an 'ambient' soundscape and I'm slightly saddened that their last album was not perhaps a bit more cohesive and song based.

I like the fact that it's mainly instrumental as it acts like a portal for Rick's music to live on. I agree it does meander a bit but I also like the ambience of it and Gilmour's sweet singing guitar solos. A true shame that it's the last.
I will never forget being at Earl's Court for Pulse in '94. Amazing amazing night.

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
I like the fact that it's mainly:mmm: instrumental as it acts like a portal for Rick's music to live on. I agree it does meander a bit but I also like the ambience of it and Gilmour's sweet singing guitar solos. A true shame that it's the last.
I will never forget being at Earl's Court for Pulse in '94. Amazing amazing night.

Massive regret of mine that despite having had a few opportunities to go and see them live, I never did.

As as a kid back in Belfast I nearly wore out all my vinyls and would've given my eye teeth to see them live, and yet when given the chance for some odd reason I never took it. What a Wally!! :mmm:

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Massive regret of mine that despite having had a few opportunities to go and see them live, I never did.

As as a kid back in Belfast I nearly wore out all my vinyls and would've given my eye teeth to see them live, and yet when given the chance for some odd reason I never took it. What a Wally!! :mmm:

Afraid I have to agree with that last statement mate :D Pulse was magnificent. The fact that it split down in to my favourite two albums, Division Bell and Dark Side with some additions from The Wall and WYWH.

Still have an original 1975 pressing of WYWH, play it now and again. Love Welcome To the Machine and Have a Cigar, both just so cynical, just like me.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm currently listening to this ........................ loudly!

96fa6b979e2a1091fcb9f20f7a91bbc8.jpg

Crawfy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just got into Spotify - spent yest evening cooking the sunday roast to Florence & The Machine (MTV Unplugged) and the Vanilla Sky Soundtrack ( pretty eclectic with Dylan, REM, The Monkees mixed in there with Leftfield)