So what are you listening to at the moment?

Grizzly

Visit site
A bit leftfield, but does anyone remember a late 90s band called Wayland. I barely do - I was given their album to review by my University newspaper I think. Just came up on shuffle on my iPod. Its ace!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Lady Blackbird’s Black Acid Soul (Deluxe Edn).

What an album, what a voice…If you like female Jazz, Soul and a bit of funk - think Aretha Franklin, Chaka Khan, Gloria Gaynor and even on occasions a bit of Nina Simone, then this is 100% for you.

No links as it’s all just fabulous. Go and find, listen and then wonder why you’ve not heard (a lot) more of her.

ETA…of course if you’ve seen the current Virgin Atlantic airline ad (as most will have), and wondered who it is in it who sings I Am What I Am is…yup.

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Often overshadowed by Dark Side of the Moon. Perhaps gentler on the ear. Wish you were here by Pink Floyd.

Been listening to DSoTM on vinyl for first time ever - I bought it on cassette back in the day. Loving it.

But here's a question for fans of that album. I’ve borrowed it and for some reason he doesn’t have the cover. Which made me think that he may have framed the cover. Is the cover of DSoTM as, or indeed more, important to have than having the vinyl record itself. You can have one or other but not both.

RichA

Visit site
Placebo - Once More With Feeling.
It's a great singles album. Hadn't listened to it for a few years and now I'm struggling to listen to anything else on my commute.