So what are you listening to at the moment?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Saw Dr Feelgood last night. Wasn't sure what to expect as there are no original members left, but they were absolutely fantastic. Robert Kane is a great singer and the guitarist Gordon Russell was brilliant.

To be fair, they are no fly-by-night outfit. Russell has played with the band on and off since 1983, as have the bass player and the drummer. Kane joined in 1999.

The Cluny is a great little venue. Was stood beside a well-known local news broadcaster, was a bit surreal to see him bopping away :)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
This could also be under the Things that Gladden the Heart thread

Picked up new on vinyl for £8 from my now favourite shop…Soul II Soul Vol II 1990 - A New Decade

It might be 30+ yrs old, and maybe back then I just didn’t really get R&B with a bit of funk and soul thrown in, but this is just soooo good. Nice and loud…

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Right at this very moment…Schumann’s Piano Concerto…

I have always placed Beethoven’s 5th followed by Mozart’s 21st and Rachmaninov 2nd at top of my fave piano concertos…but listening to Schumann’s for the first time, I have a problem…as it’s sublime.

IanMcC

Visit site
Here are my top 10 albums of 2023, roughly in order. Magpie Heights by Blue Orchids was another fine effort, just missing out to Hammel On Trial for a top 10 slot. Biggest disappointment was the Dexys album.

10. Bring The Kids by Hammel On Trial
9. The Ballad Of Darren by Blur
8. Hollow by The Handsome Family
7. My Back Was A Bridge For You To Cross by Anohni & The Johnsons
6. Green Dream in F# by The Bug Club
5. House Of All by House Of All
4. I Inside The Old Year Dying by PJ Harvey
3. 24 Songs by The Wedding Present
2. Heavy Heavy by Young Fathers
1. Javelin by Sufjan Stevens