So what are you listening to at the moment?

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
Was recently given a pile of vinyl…in amongst it were Kiss Live (double) and a Motley Cru album both from 80s I think. Never fancied them at all at the time, but thought I’d give them a listen as I know my taste has become more all-encompassing as the years have gone on (as they most certainly have).

But no. No, No, No. Not at all for me - even just after the opening track on each. Never much like getting rid of vinyl but I can’t see either these two albums ever again spinning on my turntable and they take up valuable space.

Or maybe I should give them more of a chance?
No. And no again. I think we have a similar taste in music, so why listen to stuff you don't like when you can enjoy the good stuff?

I have loads of vinyl - bought when I was young - Yes/Floyd/Zep/ELP/Genesis/Rush and so on.

The link with those groups - they could actually play and have a good singer!

And the same with other groups like Black Sabbath/Rainbow/Deep Purple - who I got into much later.

Again - great singers and players.

Obviously I like a certain type of Rock music! :D

Last edited:

TimShady

Banned
Visit site
At least once a week I crank this song as loud as I feel the neighbours will accept.

The technicality and the sheer aggression of this song gives me goosebumps.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Popped into a local charity shop earlier and had a flick through its vinyl shelf…Alf by Alison Moyet? For £2? Why not. 1984/85 great times…and so to home and onto the T/T. Gosh it’s good. Maybe a bit dated here and there but some great songs. And us of a certain age - we remember…some really great times in simpler times…so…some 40yrs later…

Track #1…Invisible…and don’t you love the 80s fashion and hair.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
So what about The Beatles tune - personally, as a record, I think it's dreadful.

Nostalgic of course, but musical dirge
Agreed. Instantly forgettable, just like the 2 songs they cobbled together in the 90s. It's a bit cringeworthy the number of people in the media falling over themselves to tell us how wonderful it is.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Ok, so this is slightly shameful, but bear me out...
Went to Cambridge Corn Exchange last night to see Haircut 100.
My wife has a soft spot for Nick Heywood.
Did a bit of pre-gig revision on Pelican West. I'd never owned it, my sister probably did.
It was a great evening. Band were excellent, great vibes in the crowd. Songs and the performance were much better than I expected.
Who knew?

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Ok, so this is slightly shameful, but bear me out...
Went to Cambridge Corn Exchange last night to see Haircut 100.
My wife has a soft spot for Nick Heywood.
Did a bit of pre-gig revision on Pelican West. I'd never owned it, my sister probably did.
It was a great evening. Band were excellent, great vibes in the crowd. Songs and the performance were much better than I expected.
Who knew?

Always good to be surprised by the unexpected 👍

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
So what about The Beatles tune - personally, as a record, I think it's dreadful.

Nostalgic of course, but musical dirge
I’ve been listening to a lot of early Beatles songs on my jukebox, incredible lyrics from them when they were just young adults.

But Now and Then is just like Lennons last songs in his later career it’s just sentimental and forgettable.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
All my life - I've been listening to ...

"Yes, and how many times must the cannonballs fly
Before they're forever banned?

And how many years can some people exist
Before they're allowed to be free?

Yes, and how many deaths will it take 'til he knows
That too many people have died?

The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind
The answer is blowin' in the wind."