So what are you listening to at the moment?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Placebo - Once More With Feeling.
It's a great singles album. Hadn't listened to it for a few years and now I'm struggling to listen to anything else on my commute.
Three hit wonders for me! Don't know much of their other stuff. But Every You Every Me and Nancy Boy are absolutely classics. Pure Morning is the other good one. 😁

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
A trip down memory lane for me tonight. Not played this for, probably, 30+ years. Rick Wakeman’s Journey to the Centre of the Earth.

A big favourite of mine from back then. Not listened to this recent (ok…ten yr old) re-recording before and as good as it is, because its not the original I find myself comparing and not simply listening and enjoying - inevitable I suppose. But still enjoyable and gosh…50yrs. Which makes me think - 1974…what other fave albums of that year are now 50yrs old/young. Some will hold up to the test of time, and some won’t.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
A big favourite of mine from back then. Not listened to this recent (ok…ten yr old) re-recording before and as good as it is, because its not the original I find myself comparing and not simply listening and enjoying - inevitable I suppose. But still enjoyable and gosh…50yrs. Which makes me think - 1974…what other fave albums of that year are now 50yrs old/young. Some will hold up to the test of time, and some won’t.

I’ve dug out 6 wives for later. It’s that long ago since I‘ve heard I can’t even remember any of the tracks.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Released Feb 1976. Trick of the Tail by Genesis. Genesis’ first album with Phil Collins as lead singer following Peter Gabriel’s departure.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Read your comment and have put this album on for my commute this morning. Very nice.
After the earlier conversation I've been listening to nothing but Death Cab For Cutie all week. I think I've avoided them in the past because their band name is terrible if I'm honest - despite loving the Postal Service album that Ben Gibbard made years ago. But finally gave them a chance this week, I've listened to at least 7 of their albums and every single one was excellent.

Reactions: ADB