So near, so far...

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Following the thread about holes in one & what you do at your club....

What about us who've never had one - which I guess is most of us. What's the nearest you've been to getting one? At weekend I got it to within 15 inches - rolling directly on line but stopped just short. By far and away miles within previous nearest - which I doubt was within 6-7ft. How many years before I get as close (or nearer) again?. How about you?

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
At an inter club competition a couple of years ago I was less than an inch from the cup. As we walked up to the green I said to my playing partner 'if thats in the hole, I am over that fence and running home as I only have £7 in my pocket'

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Have hit the pin couple of times,hit the edge of the hole couple also.

The 2 closest I have seen were one that went into the cup,span out into bunker and he made 4,the other was a lip out as the ball rolled to the hole. The guy who had the lip out was a green keeper from a local club playing in a charity day,he won 2 nearest the pins and only got 12 points total!

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have got pretty close before, the ball pitched about a yard away and almost stopped dead it just hopped to the left a bit (draw spin on the ball) and rolled out a tiny little bit and ended up just under a foot away. Was a 153 yard par 3 over water when I was on holiday last year.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
About 5 foot! Seriously I am really bad on par 3s. Am hoping to play on Saturday at a par 3 course in Andover.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Have had 2 on the same hole, but was only pitch and putt when I was a kid so dont suppose that counts really.

1 ft is my best effort though. 160 yard par 3, pitch mark on line 2 ft from pin and the ball come to rest a ft behind and a couple inches wide. I didnt actually see it roll past the hole but it must of been damn near close!

Toad

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My nearest was last year playing in an open, I was 2in short. group on the tee in front were jumping up and down shouting it was going in, but not to be.

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've hit the pin twice but nearest was about a foot. Also hit pin with second shot on a par 5 but that was travelling and finished about 30 foot away