Snapped iron shaft help

Fabia999

Visit site
Hi all,

Just played my mid week comp, hit a shot and caught my 8i and caught the trolley on waving my club afterwards.

I’ve snapped it near the head so obviously need a new shaft. I have 2018 Cleveland launchers, how do I go about getting the same shaft?

Any advice?

Thanks

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Hi all,

Just played my mid week comp, hit a shot and caught my 8i and caught the trolley on waving my club afterwards.

I’ve snapped it near the head so obviously need a new shaft. I have 2018 Cleveland launchers, how do I go about getting the same shaft?

Any advice?

Thanks

What does the label on the shaft say? You should be able to go to a reputable club repairer and get a like for like replacement.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Send Cleveland an email and the shaft manufacturer.
Ask them do they have any spares.
Google shaft installers ,might take some time but you just might find one.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you cannot find a new shaft and have long irons which you do not use you could take the shaft out of the longest and tip trim to an 8 iron (minus half an inch for each drop in club head head). Alternatively around ebay for a long club to do the same with.

Fabia999

Visit site
Appreciate the replies. I got my irons at GolfWorx at Boldon GC and the guy there is great. Emailed him and he was straight on it, haven't heard anything back yet but I'm hopeful. I got my set down to a 5i but I never use that so thats a possibility.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When I snapped my 7 iron shaft against a tree (accidentally I might add), I took it to my club pro who was able to fix it for me.

I have seen some club pros repairs that took a bit of of.............

e.g I bought one set of clubs with a 6 iron shaft in both the 5 and 6 iron when I queried it with the seller he said the pro had done and it must be correct. Took a lot of arguing for me to get back the cost of fitting the correct shaft.

Fabia999

Visit site
Bumping an old thread of mine.

The club pro said that shaft is not stocked anymore. I bought an 8i from a newer model of Cleveland launcher which has done but I’m reluctant to use it which is leaving a big gap in my bag.

Has anybody got any ideas?

Cheers!

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Bumping an old thread of mine.

The club pro said that shaft is not stocked anymore. I bought an 8i from a newer model of Cleveland launcher which has done but I’m reluctant to use it which is leaving a big gap in my bag.

Has anybody got any ideas?

Cheers!
Take the shaft out of the newer head and put it in the old one!

Have you checked eBay for the old shaft? A 7 or 9 iron could be made to work quite easily

D

Deleted member 31467

I was told that I couldn’t cut down a longer iron as it wouldn’t play right? Does that sound correct?
No it doesn't. If you look at shaft manufacturers websites most give trimming instructions.