Smiffy haunts my nightmares

Tiger

Money List Winner
rub-of-the-green.blogspot.com
Had the weirdest dream/nightmare last night. I rocked up to the Beau Desert meet which I really wanted to play in but couldn't get to. Was drawn in the last fourball out with Mike, Jezz and Smiffy at 12pm. Just before we were due to tee off I saw someone hit my car in the car park. I ran out to accost the villain only to see them drive off leaving a huge dent in it's side.

On my way back I got a telephone call from my boss in a new job I started whose offices happened to be at Beau Desert. Got a rollicking for playing in the event to which I argued that I had paid my entry with my own money and booked the day off as annual leave. All this time I could see the guys getting agitated on the first tee eventually I told him to shove his job and made my way down to the first to find Mike and Jezz had teed off and left Smiffy to play with me. Smiffy was starting to get proper angry and had a vein throbbing on his forehead and a fag smoked all the way to the butt between his pursed lips.

He pointed to a white speck on the fringes of the green some 380 yards away and said "that there's the best drive I've ever hit, things were looking up today glorious sunshine, paired in the last group with an opportunity to chat up Mike and Jezz for freebies and not look like a complete golfing knob because I was playing with you. Get a ******* move on!"

it was then I realised I had no clubs with me. I ran back to my car and opened the boot to find I only had a 5 iron, 7 iron and gap wedge in the boot as I had left all my kit at home. Returned to an enraged Smiffy teed up and creamed my 5 iron just over 200 yards and then holed my 7 iron for an eagle. Smiffy then chipped through the green twice, elected to putt from the fringe and took six hits with the flatstick to get it in the hole for a nine. To which I said "never mind at least it wasn't double figures" at which point he chinned me and started battering me with his putter... which is when I woke up.

Thing is I've never met Smiffy, let alone played golf with him. An accurate premonition (with the obvious exception of the mahoosive drive) or just random brain activity?

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thing is I've never met Smiffy, let alone played golf with him. An accurate premonition ?

Tiger. You may very well think that, but I couldn't possiby comment ;) ;)

Think what it must be like for those of us who have to play with him now and again

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Had the weirdest dream/nightmare last night. I rocked up to the Beau Desert meet which I really wanted to play in but couldn't get to. Was drawn in the last fourball out with Mike, Jezz and Smiffy at 12pm. Just before we were due to tee off I saw someone hit my car in the car park. I ran out to accost the villain only to see them drive off leaving a huge dent in it's side.

On my way back I got a telephone call from my boss in a new job I started whose offices happened to be at Beau Desert. Got a rollicking for playing in the event to which I argued that I had paid my entry with my own money and booked the day off as annual leave. All this time I could see the guys getting agitated on the first tee eventually I told him to shove his job and made my way down to the first to find Mike and Jezz had teed off and left Smiffy to play with me. Smiffy was starting to get proper angry and had a vein throbbing on his forehead and a fag smoked all the way to the butt between his pursed lips.

He pointed to a white speck on the fringes of the green some 380 yards away and said "that there's the best drive I've ever hit, things were looking up today glorious sunshine, paired in the last group with an opportunity to chat up Mike and Jezz for freebies and not look like a complete golfing knob because I was playing with you. Get a ******* move on!"

it was then I realised I had no clubs with me. I ran back to my car and opened the boot to find I only had a 5 iron, 7 iron and gap wedge in the boot as I had left all my kit at home. Returned to an enraged Smiffy teed up and creamed my 5 iron just over 200 yards and then holed my 7 iron for an eagle. Smiffy then chipped through the green twice, elected to putt from the fringe and took six hits with the flatstick to get it in the hole for a nine. To which I said "never mind at least it wasn't double figures" at which point he chinned me and started battering me with his putter... which is when I woke up.

Thing is I've never met Smiffy, let alone played golf with him. An accurate premonition (with the obvious exception of the mahoosive drive) or just random brain activity?

Hey kids, now let that be a lesson for you. If you want to avoid the above ........ Just say no!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Funnily enough those that have played with him can relate to large proportions of your story. Count yourself lucky it didn't involve him removing those white trousers at any stage. The nine was definitley a dream