Slate my 'Swing'

Whee

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Mods, please could you delete my previous topic asking about posting of videos? Cheers.

I've got a video of my 8 Iron swing

and a couple with the Driver
I like watching various swings back on video, its a much better way of analysing what you are/aren't doing.

As ever, grateful for any tips, advice (no i'm not giving the game up!) just don't be too cruel. 25 handicapper, please bare it in mind :D

Cheers,

Steve

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Until someone better qualified comes along I'd say it doesn't look too bad but...

You look a bit hunched at address especially with the 8 iron. Try to keep your back straighter whilst bending from your hips. It feels like you're sticking your backside out but it will look better when you see it back.

Your arms are very low on the backswing, like you're swinging around your body too much. You want your arms higher at the top of your backswing and try to get them high in the follow through as well. Luke Donald is a great example of that imo.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
i would say you stand too hunched over and too close too the ball. your backswing looks very shallow. do you hit alot of slice's and then out of no-where a hook?

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
i would say you stand too hunched over and too close too the ball. your backswing looks very shallow. do you hit alot of slice's and then out of no-where a hook?

Hey!!! That's exactly what happens with my driver swing. I tend to have a very low swing which tends to produce a slice, then out of the blue I'll hit a bad hook. Help me please, it's driving me mad! (pardon the pun!)

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
same as you basher, swinging it to low and wide. Am getting a lesson hopefully (gf is treating me) and have told the pro to start me from scratch with driver as I have too many bad habits and swing thoughts.

Whee

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have known my swing path is too flat on take away for quite a while, that's just where I find most consistency for some reason.

My usual poor shots (beyond the occasional top because of wandering eyes/head) are either a fade that i'm not expecting, or a hooky/slappy shot where there's no real pure connection with the ball.

What I have been working on lately is getting my hips through a bit quicker, but in the 8 iron video in particular, at impact definitely, i'm still not through far enough.

Cheers for the advice so far gents.

The19thHole

Head Pro
Visit site
after looking at your vids, it looks like you don’t get enough hip rotation. It appears that only your arms are swinging.

Try slowing your swing down a touch you look as if you are on fast forward ;-p

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Basically repeating what others have written above and going from what my teaching pro told me last night, it looks like you are:-
  • Standing to close to the ball
  • As a result of the above hands to close to body
  • Swing is to flat and around you body
  • Posture is to hunched

To fix the above, bend from the waist, you belt line, imagine it as a hinge, keep you back straight, you'll need to bend the knees and it will feel like you backside is sticking out, almost like you are squatting to have a poo the toe of your club should be slightly raised when on the ground behind the ball at address and if you increase the steepness of your swing so it's more up than around you should be able to get a more complete turn and fuller swing.