Any teachers in the SE recommended to finally fix my OTT swing?

Stu87

Visit site
Can any one recommend a teacher in the SE that could really help and finally sort out my long running OTT swing? Been playing for 20 years, regularly for the past 10. Currently playing off 12, hopelessly inconsistent, on a good day shooting around 80 and on a bad day 90s.

I have hit a brick wall where I feel I will not get better until I address my swing path. I never hit a draw, it’s something I find impossible to do. If I end up hitting controlled fades then so be it but I struggle with distance, compression, pushes, heavy shots. On a good day the driver is dead straight, more often it’s going right. Not a massive slice but I’m losing distance.

I have been to a dozen different teachers, watched endless videos about the so called easy fix of coming OTT. My recent teacher put me on trackman and I was averaging about a 7deg out to in swing path.

Tried working on the starting the downswing with the lower body, back to target drill, the wall drill. I’ve videoed myself taking really slow swings, and swing from the inside, but at normal speed I always end up with the club outside. Nothing has clicked and it’s getting the point of giving golf a major rest which when playing 2-3 times a week is going to be tough but the frustration caused by not being able to address this long running problem is taking all enjoyment out of the game.

Anyone out there who has just been brilliant in addressing this problem, keeping things simple?

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ideally you will want a 2 Dee in to out swing. Coming from a 7 deg the other way, you will be trying to have 9 deg change. No wonder you are finding it tough. You have really got to exaggerate the in to out swing. What I expect is happening is you think you have changed but in reality you are no where near it.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
To be honest after 20 years you will always be a natural fader of the ball.
Unless...........
Do you ever hit one low and left?

Last edited:

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
After 20 years swinging out to in, there's only one way to hit the ball down the middle and its a bit of a cheat.
You say you swing 7 degrees out to in, don't try and change it.
Aim 7 degrees right.
Now your swing path is down the middle
All you have to do is square up the clubface to the swing path at impact and the ball WILL go down the middle.
So to sum up........
Aim right, let the swing go where it wants to go and hit a pull down the middle

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Can any one recommend a teacher in the SE that could really help and finally sort out my long running OTT swing? Been playing for 20 years, regularly for the past 10. Currently playing off 12, hopelessly inconsistent, on a good day shooting around 80 and on a bad day 90s.

I have hit a brick wall where I feel I will not get better until I address my swing path. I never hit a draw, it’s something I find impossible to do. If I end up hitting controlled fades then so be it but I struggle with distance, compression, pushes, heavy shots. On a good day the driver is dead straight, more often it’s going right. Not a massive slice but I’m losing distance.

I have been to a dozen different teachers, watched endless videos about the so called easy fix of coming OTT. My recent teacher put me on trackman and I was averaging about a 7deg out to in swing path.

Tried working on the starting the downswing with the lower body, back to target drill, the wall drill. I’ve videoed myself taking really slow swings, and swing from the inside, but at normal speed I always end up with the club outside. Nothing has clicked and it’s getting the point of giving golf a major rest which when playing 2-3 times a week is going to be tough but the frustration caused by not being able to address this long running problem is taking all enjoyment out of the game.

Anyone out there who has just been brilliant in addressing this problem, keeping things simple?
where abouts are you ?

MikeB

Club Champion
Visit site
After 20 years swinging out to in, there's only one way to hit the ball down the middle and its a bit of a cheat.
You say you swing 7 degrees out to in, don't try and change it.
Aim 7 degrees right.
Now your swing path is down the middle
All you have to do is square up the clubface to the swing path at impact and the ball WILL go down the middle.
So to sum up........
Aim right, let the swing go where it wants to go and hit a pull down the middle
This works for me, by aiming my body right & leaving the clubface aiming straight down the middle, my bad shot has gone from a horrid slice "fore right" to a pull left but mostly they're somewhere decent.

Roops

Head Pro
Visit site
Gold advice from Bob. Martin Kymer tried to go from a fader to a drawer and has never been the same golfer since. Stay with what you have and learn to manage it.