Skymark = distraught

Status
Not open for further replies.

StuartA

Visit site
Cobra have done the right thing. Was far too much damage done from one skied shot.

I’ve experienced the same. Being a 21 handicapped I can’t gaurantee to hit it out of the sweet spot, I do think hitting a ball at 95mph the paint should be that of airplane paint.
I emailed cobra, their reply :

Hi Stewart

Thank you for contacting COBRA PUMA GOLF

I am sorry for the delayed response

I am very sorry to hear of the issue you have experienced with the driver, I can assure you this is not what we expect at COBRA

Can you please take this back to place of purchase and we can arrange for a new head to be sent out to you, there is no reason this should happen again

Best regards,

. . . .Matthew Westlake
CPG Team Head Operations

I’ve been given a Callaway Epic Flash by American Golf to use while mines being exchanged.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’ve experienced the same. Being a 21 handicapped I can’t gaurantee to hit it out of the sweet spot, I do think hitting a ball at 95mph the paint should be that of airplane paint.
I emailed cobra, their reply :

Hi Stewart

Thank you for contacting COBRA PUMA GOLF

I am sorry for the delayed response

I am very sorry to hear of the issue you have experienced with the driver, I can assure you this is not what we expect at COBRA

Can you please take this back to place of purchase and we can arrange for a new head to be sent out to you, there is no reason this should happen again

Best regards,

. . . .Matthew Westlake
CPG Team Head Operations

I’ve been given a Callaway Epic Flash by American Golf to use while mines being exchanged.

May I say top work from AG lending you a club to see you through and such a good one.. I’d of thought one their second hand drivers would have done the trick and been less risk but nice touch

Had similar once when my hood broke on my bag.. they lent me one of a diff colour whilst they ordered me one in

When it came they said just keep both.. now they won’t do that with a driver lol but still fantastic that you can still play whilst ur without one

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
When I first read this blog, I was Suprised at those suggesting the users fault at not hitting it outta the middle every time. Coz we all can. I mentioned I am chuffed he has come on here and mentioned his problem as there may be others. Lo and behold we have a second person who has the same problem. Now don't get me wrong. I have yet to meet a player who has not topped it, thinned it, shanked it, skied it etc etc. My point is that club makers know there is a chance that some players will sky it when using a driver. With that in mind, I am Suprised that Cobra have a driver where the paint will chip like that when skied. Having said all that, I have got to say that the feedback from Cobra and American Golfin dealing with this is excellent.

StuartA

Visit site
These are the two drivers I am interested in. Are you seeing much difference?
I’ll let you know next week. Playing Monday and Wednesday with the epic. If it’s works well I could well be paying the extra, though the amount of research online I’ve done suggests the cobra is the driver to beat for 2019.

wulliewallace

Visit site
When I first read this blog, I was Suprised at those suggesting the users fault at not hitting it outta the middle every time. Coz we all can. I mentioned I am chuffed he has come on here and mentioned his problem as there may be others. Lo and behold we have a second person who has the same problem. Now don't get me wrong. I have yet to meet a player who has not topped it, thinned it, shanked it, skied it etc etc. My point is that club makers know there is a chance that some players will sky it when using a driver. With that in mind, I am Suprised that Cobra have a driver where the paint will chip like that when skied. Having said all that, I have got to say that the feedback from Cobra and American Golfin dealing with this is excellent.

In my opinion, a reason it may be more susceptible to the paint chipping is the shape of the head. The leading edges are more curved than most other drivers. Good for speed, but not good, aesthetically, for shots high on the face.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I am planning on getting fitted for both the Cally, and the F9 by Complete golfer some time soon. There is no hurry, as I am currently bombing my Epic, and apart from next weekend, I am then not playing much for a month or so, after which I will need to rediscover my golf swing.

wulliewallace

Visit site
I am planning on getting fitted for both the Cally, and the F9 by Complete golfer some time soon. There is no hurry, as I am currently bombing my Epic, and apart from next weekend, I am then not playing much for a month or so, after which I will need to rediscover my golf swing.

Can't imagine you will see the same gains coming from the Epic, but you never know. 915 d2 never was the longest, but was pretty forgiving for me. Now I've found a bomber that's equally, or more forgiving, it's gotta be an advantage. Feel I'm needing every little advantage I can get after getting down to category 1 for the first time last season. Staying there is the hard part!

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Not really looking for gains just something that feels like it has more pop. The head/shaft combination I have currently just doesn't feel right. Lacks pop. On a day when I am not swinging it well, I can't find it, and when I have it, it doesn't feel like it.

Probably just me.

SAPCOR1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had my first round with the F9 today and I have had the same paint issues. Never skied one shot, a couple near the toe of the club but that was the only “user error”. Heard of a few others experiencing similar issues. I’ve had my F6 for nearly 3 years and nothing like this

Attachments

• C8D1C50A-CB1B-4892-8AD0-8CC65FCA328D.jpeg
    C8D1C50A-CB1B-4892-8AD0-8CC65FCA328D.jpeg
    485.7 KB · Views: 42
  • F528C171-8FA0-48E4-87A5-B613A2538241.jpeg
    F528C171-8FA0-48E4-87A5-B613A2538241.jpeg
    455 KB · Views: 41

wulliewallace

Visit site
Had my first round with the F9 today and I have had the same paint issues. Never skied one shot, a couple near the toe of the club but that was the only “user error”. Heard of a few others experiencing similar issues. I’ve had my F6 for nearly 3 years and nothing like this

Return it! I've had zero issues with my replacement head. I've since seen my old head, which is now a demo club, and the paint is completely gone from the entire topline on it.

SAPCOR1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Old F6 head as a comparison. This must have completed at least 400 rounds

Attachments

• 93329D3C-7CFD-48AA-84DB-2DA519C82A7E.jpeg
    93329D3C-7CFD-48AA-84DB-2DA519C82A7E.jpeg
    532.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 025390DB-D113-4119-9B4C-FCF1C3ECD70F.jpeg
    025390DB-D113-4119-9B4C-FCF1C3ECD70F.jpeg
    474 KB · Views: 18

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Don't seem that long ago when the OP was being ripped to bits about this. Its one of the reasons i never bought one. Could not be done with the potential hassle.
Whats the thought process in having a battered brand new club as a demo. 😳

chasf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I am still waiting on my replacement, they have no 12 heads until the end of April. I have the fairways and hybrids and they are showing marks you get when you hit the top of the club, but the paint does not chip with them. It must be a driver problem.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think these drivers faces flex so much now that the paint can’t take it.
They need to take the paint back a bit so it’s not overhanging on the face itself.
It’s a design flaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.