SkyCaddie users...

D

Deleted member 16999

Completely unrelated to the belt clip, but received my SX500 yesterday. Holy hell it seems great. Its as big as my iPhone X, which could be interesting, but the screen quality and speed of the thing is obscene compared to the Touch. Can't wait to use it on course.

WiFi sync is also back and better than ever...no requirement for a PC at all now.
What accessories if any did it come with?

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What accessories? A charger....

No belt clip available for the SX500 yet, but they are working on one apparently.

Someone asked what the issues with the Touch were. No real issues were experienced...it did the job. I just fancied the new one on release! My Touch will be going up for sale though

D

Deleted member 16999

What accessories? A charger....

No belt clip available for the SX500 yet, but they are working on one apparently.

Someone asked what the issues with the Touch were. No real issues were experienced...it did the job. I just fancied the new one on release! My Touch will be going up for sale though
Cheers, by accessories I meant belt clip or protective case etc, not for free, but available.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't think anything is available yet. Reading GolfWRX, some have bought protective cases that the SX500 fits in comfortably...but the belt clip is elusive at the moment

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Completely unrelated to the belt clip, but received my SX500 yesterday. Holy hell it seems great. Its as big as my iPhone X, which could be interesting, but the screen quality and speed of the thing is obscene compared to the Touch. Can't wait to use it on course.

WiFi sync is also back and better than ever...no requirement for a PC at all now.
This sounds exactly like what I have been looking for. Glad you like it

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Where did you get it from

Hoppy

Club Champion
Visit site
My SX500 turned up on Saturday from Scottsdale Golf. Used on Sunday in the pouring rain. What a fantastic bit of kit. Clear bright graphics very fast. Can't say enough good things about it.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
My touch has been great however that said since the last update mine has frozen a few times on the course for two or three minutes. I just contacted Skycaddie yesterday about it. Will see what they say?

Not sure if that has been a common problem or not?

Funnily enough, my Touch has frozen a couple of time recently on different courses, but on both occasions about the same time into the round. It never occurred to me that it might be a software issue. I'll be watching it closely over the next few rounds.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Funnily enough, my Touch has frozen a couple of time recently on different courses, but on both occasions about the same time into the round. It never occurred to me that it might be a software issue. I'll be watching it closely over the next few rounds.

I did a reset and touch wood it's worked well since.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
I downloaded a couple of new courses last night and it automatically updates at the same time so I'll see what happens. Fingers crossed as I think it's an excellent piece of kit and have no intention of changing it, especially at £380 for the SX500!

C&R

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi guys. I have a touch Which I think is great. I'm seriously thinking of upgrading to the sx500 Is it worth the £370 What does it do so much better than the touch. Thanks in advance 👍🏻

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The Touch was good, but the SX500 blows it out the water. Battery is a hell of a lot better. I can play a full round, and the battery bar doesn't move. I could barely get 2 rounds out of the Touch, with brightness on 25% and other such measures to save it as much as possible.

The touchscreen is a lot better, too and my god the screen is clearer! I love the fact WiFi sync works without any issues...as it saves using the antiquated SyncExpress software. The only thing I can think where the Touch beats the SX500 is the charging cable. It is ever so slightly different for the SX500, which means finding a short cable (for Motocaddy USB port) with the correct end is quite difficult...but as the battery is so good, even this is a tiny point.

Just got to wait for a bag clip for the SX500 now

chasf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
i got mine yesterday and its the best gps unit i have had and i have had them allI have the approach g8 and the screen is quite hard to read So got the skycaddie the screen is so bright and easy to read and the course is updated properly as well

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've no issues with the battery life of my Touch even with brightness at 100%. It auto dims after a few seconds but is still readable and a simple touch brings it back to life. I guess I can get about four rounds on one charge.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I have no plans to update my touch.

If and when it dies I'll consider a newer model however at present I'm more than happy to continue using an excellent device.

C&R

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The Touch was good, but the SX500 blows it out the water. Battery is a hell of a lot better. I can play a full round, and the battery bar doesn't move. I could barely get 2 rounds out of the Touch, with brightness on 25% and other such measures to save it as much as possible.

The touchscreen is a lot better, too and my god the screen is clearer! I love the fact WiFi sync works without any issues...as it saves using the antiquated SyncExpress software. The only thing I can think where the Touch beats the SX500 is the charging cable. It is ever so slightly different for the SX500, which means finding a short cable (for Motocaddy USB port) with the correct end is quite difficult...but as the battery is so good, even this is a tiny point.

Just got to wait for a bag clip for the SX500 now

SOLD IM UPGRADING 👍🏻😀