skycaddie sg5

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
I would rather have a pocket device that I could accurately measure and record the distance I hit each club on a calm day, into and with the wind (varying strengths) and weather conditions (temperature) a database of sorts using GPS and leave the course yardages to my instincts.

Madandra, I have not used the GPS on the phone so I couldn't comment

toonarmy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I was mearly trying to say, I can think of betterways to spend £200

Can't we all? ;)

Likewise, and that is why I refuse to fork out more than I paid for my car's satnav (c. £120), particularly as these will become common place soon and therefore cheaper than they are now.

Given the gps bit is dirt cheap (seen a car satnav this morning for £40), why not sell the unit for £30-50 and just charge for the courses?

Of course, until GM do a feature on them, I don't suppose they'll hit general consciousness properly and it will continue to be a debate in here!

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have to admit, if they fell in price dramatically then I would be tempted to give one a go. I am open minded and would be interested to see if using one could change my opinion.

But even at £120 that is far too steep for me considering most course planners only cost £2

matthewsgolf

Club Champion
www.letsgolf.org
used it (sg5) yesterday in a friendly matchplay against another golf pro. Beat him 4&2. Made the game much easier. Middle of the green all day long. I did let the other pro have the info. He was amazed at it too.

Andrew