Skycaddie SG2.5

T

thecraw

Howdy, just wanted to know if anyone has ever had the screen replaced on their Skycaddie and if so how much it cost them. I have just noticed a large crack on my Skycaddie after geting it back from someone.

Not saying that they did it as I didn't notice it when I got it back but it wasn't there before and I only noticed it this morning when the screen lit up as I was charging it.

I think Skycaddie do it and would be interested in hearing if anyone has had this done.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm sure it was reported on here skygolf were looking somewhere in the regions of £90 or so to do it. Maybe best looking at an alternative?

T

thecraw

I'm sure it was reported on here skygolf were looking somewhere in the regions of £90 or so to do it. Maybe best looking at an alternative?

Just spoke to skycaddie customer support and they don't do repairs. They will part exchange my skycaddie for a new replacement and charge me £70. They don't even allow you to upgrade when you p/x.

Not very impressed with that service.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Just spoke to skycaddie customer support and they don't do repairs. They will part exchange my skycaddie for a new replacement and charge me £70. They don't even allow you to upgrade when you p/x.

Aye, a bit off that I reckon.

Maybe time for the laser you tinkered with?

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site

why? if they did do repairs, there's no way they could do a screen at less than £70 inc handling, and there are huge issues around warranted repairs for small electronic units; simply non economic.

T

thecraw

why? if they did do repairs, there's no way they could do a screen at less than £70 inc handling, and there are huge issues around warranted repairs for small electronic units; simply non economic.

Absolute nonsense in my opinion.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site

My mate replaces 17" LED laptop screens for less than that and provides warranty. wouldn't believe that the supply company would pay anything near that for the part. Fitting will be a bus cable of some description and glue so not a huge job.

T

thecraw

I have been on a lot of the golf forums and everyone seems to be of the same opinion that Skycaddie customer service is a bit of a joke.

I'm going to let my Skycaddie subscription run out then go down the laser route. I'm simply not paying £70 for a re-conditioned unit when I can buy it cheaper on ebay etc. It'll cost them buttons to replace a screen hence them happily exchanging my damaged model for a re-conditioned one.

France them, a customer lost for life.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Done the same as I'm not willing to pay £30 for the subscription as they remove all my courses if I dont renew on time. I now have the £110 Garmin Approach - better graphics but the only downside is the recharging of AA batteries

Essex_Stu

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Mine keeps giving me incorrect yardages. At least 30 yards short of what the yardage should be. Re synced it last night and if that dont work its going back to SC

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have been on a lot of the golf forums and everyone seems to be of the same opinion that Skycaddie customer service is a bit of a joke.

I'm going to let my Skycaddie subscription run out then go down the laser route. I'm simply not paying £70 for a re-conditioned unit when I can buy it cheaper on ebay etc. It'll cost them buttons to replace a screen hence them happily exchanging my damaged model for a re-conditioned one.

France them, a customer lost for life.

i been out with two boys who use the laser, one was of 5 and the other 1.8. me im happy to get on the green these boys had the flag surrounded. they say its way better and easy to use and no time wasted

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
i been out with two boys who use the laser, one was of 5 and the other 1.8. me im happy to get on the green these boys had the flag surrounded. they say its way better and easy to use and no time wasted

I find it much better 90% of the time.

On occasions though you want to know how far the front or back of the green is when you can't tell exactly where on the green the flag is, or sometimes you might want to know a carry you can't get the laser to work on.