Sky TV upgrade - advice needed

Fyldewhite

Tour Winner
www.blackpoolparkgc.co.uk
Need some help here guys.

I currently have a basic Sky+ package with 4 of the £1 "packs" with multiroom + broadband. I want to ditch the multiroom and upgrade to include the sports. The website just offers it at £20.25. There seems to be no flexibility but you do hear of good deals some folk manage to get.

What are the best ways of approaching this to get the best price out of them? Or is it simply not worth the hassle and easier to just stump up? I am currently out of contract but need this for the Masters so quick replies appreciated :D.

G_Mulligan

Tour Rookie
www.thegolfpsychologist.co.uk
When I want a deal with sky I call them up tell them Virgin have such and such a price for their package and see what they say. You usually have to go through to the cancellation department to get them to give you anything but worth 20 mins of hassle. At the mo I have 25% off everything. Just tell them you want sports but Virgin works out cheaper and see what they do.

AuburnWarrior

Tour Winner
Visit site
I recently got rid of SKY Sports and they phoned me up offering it for half price. I heard today that they offered someone SKY Sports for free for three months.

Phone them up and see what they'll do for you.

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
I too am out of contract with sky so phoned to try my luck to get free HD, nothing doing it would have been easier to get blood out of a stone. Good luck with them though.

Fyldewhite

Tour Winner
www.blackpoolparkgc.co.uk
Thanks guys, I've caved in and just paid the £20.25. I'm unfortunately not in a cable area so they have me over a barrel until I try to leave. Good thing is I'm not tied in so if I don't get my money's worth I'll just cancel.

Watched an hour or so tonight and the only good bit was Di Stewart...... so worth it then :p

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks guys, I've caved in and just paid the £20.25. I'm unfortunately not in a cable area so they have me over a barrel until I try to leave. Good thing is I'm not tied in so if I don't get my money's worth I'll just cancel.

Watched an hour or so tonight and the only good bit was Di Stewart...... so worth it then :p

Tut tut tut Di Dougherty now but even then she enjoys the sound of her own voice. If last night was anything to go by thank goodness for the BBC

Hendy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
i currently am paying sky 10.50 a month no sports tho.

best bet is to tell them you are leaving. as a valued customer having all the gear there at home (gear i mean sky box and dish) sky will not want to lose you.

I did work for them for awhile few years back.

people would ring up saying there sky system was not working really pissed off about it then i try to fix it over phone if that did not work I would then have to offer a 65 quid service call out, (whcih never goes down well lol)..

But if i liked the person i spoke to i would be all to them, you know with you being with sky x amount of time and the fact you dont have any offers i am sure if you spoke to someone at customer service they might help you out with the service call as 65 is alot and with you paying 20+ quid a month i am sure they would want to lose you over a service call out. if you know what i mean.. so if it was me i think i try cusomter service to see what they would do, i can pass you across and maybe have a word to them first of all on your behalf.

customer then would be all aye your right can you transfer me thanks so much....

SO i transfer them and speak to the guy in customer service first of all and tell him customer not happy that he/she needs to pay out 65 for service call, i think a free call out would keep them happy.

works 99% of the time if the customer sticks to his guns that he is not willing to pay.

and everyone is a winner ;) bar sky of course be they are c**ts anyways lol

anyways the point of the above is to show that you as a customer does have power with sky.. Ring them and tell them your not happy paying the money and that you cant afford the DD every money. and are just going to go with free view..

bet you get half price for 6 months.

golferselbow.biz
Some people seem to be able to get good deals by threatening to cancel, others like me are less successful!

If you're out of contract you can sometimes get a good deal by trying to cancel Sports after the football season has ended (by saying they have nothing worth watching until August). That often works

You're also in a stronger position if you can get Virgin - I can't so they have me over a barrel as they know I have no real alternative