SKy TV renewal

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Sorry I’m a bit out of the loop. Folks are saying ‘renewal’ Is it just being used loosely or do Sky etc now offer fixed term subscription contracts?
i.e if not renewed, will viewing and the contract automatically cease at point of 'renewal', or will it simply continue (with no contractual end date) and subscription cost reverts to standard price?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Sorry I’m a bit out of the loop. Folks are saying ‘renewal’ Is it just being used loosely or do Sky etc now offer fixed term subscription contracts?
i.e if not renewed, will viewing and the contract automatically cease at point of 'renewal', or will it simply continue (with no contractual end date) and subscription cost reverts to standard price?

the latter.

D

Deleted member 23270

went away with the grandson for an adventure weekend ( last week). a few of the guys were on about this one of them said “you do know it’s 2022”. £40 for the stick and £50 to load it. I honestly don’t know what it entails but there was only me that didn’t have one.
Youtube is full of videos showing how to load various apps onto a firestick. Bit tricky the first time but follow the videos and it is doable.

MACM85

Visit site
I have sky and IPTV. IPTV is for the matches that Sky don't show and the GAA and Irish channels. I pay £100 a year for two versions of it and while it isn't always 100% reliable I would say 95% of the time it works fine and they have a UK based Discord to get help or ask for solutions etc

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
What are other peoples breakdowns?

Only have sky for the kids tv channels. Someone I know is paying £11 for skysignature and £1 for HD and Kids.

Looks like everyone seems to have their own little deals going on. E2AB9189-B25F-4921-9C4F-46D7AC09027C.png

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
What are other peoples breakdowns?

Looks like everyone seems to have their own little deals going on. View attachment 43225
Wouldn't it be nice if this was not the case and they simply had a decent pricing structure in the first place? I know, I know, how naive of me :rolleyes:, but the annual ring sky and haggle is a pain and shouldn't exist.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I have Sky HD, sports, Netflix and all normal channels except movies and kids stuff, also internet and the free landline telephone calls for £82 pm

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
£60 a year for Sky Sports, Sky Movies, BT Sport, every other sports channel under the sun, and every live EPL/Championship/SPL game as well as movies and box sets - does it sound legal to you?

No, but if you can freely purchase it should it not have something done to stop it?

Hogieefc

Club Champion
Visit site
Go on the live chat, tell them you are leaving because you can't justify the cost. See what they offer you. Be prepared to say no thanks as they will "speak to their supervisor" and come back with a better offer. I'm currently paying £30 a month for Sky Sports and HD. Been with them forever, always threaten to leave when the contract is up, and always end up with a decent deal.

Are you able to just get Sky sports, i thought you had to sign up for signature as well

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Thanks for the replies.

To summarise:

1.A fire stick seems one good option although not legal.
2. The pricing structure with Sky is confusing.
3. It would be preferable if they let us choose as advocated by Lord T and Bob.
4. The annual renewal is a belly ache or similar description.