SKy TV renewal

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I Know this comes up every few months’ so sincere apologies.
I hate coming up for renewal, hate everything about Sky, hate being unable to contact them.

My package is due for renewal and it has increased by over 28% in 2 years to £59. Thinking of cancelling the lot. See what happens. I have Sky sports, HD and a mate had similar and they gave him the package for £22 for 2 years.

We have NO TV aerial does that matter?

What will we get on Freeview please?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
If you do cancel you can still use the box as a free view I think.
But you can’t record on it,you have to pay £10 pm for that.
I’m not 100% on this tho☝️

I phone them up,see what they offer,then I still cancel,they always phone back within the 30 day cancellation period with a better offer

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I normally cancel and then keep checking my account every few days, after a couple of weeks they usually make you a decent offer to stay with them. I did it over live chat last time and I got a good deal ?

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I normally cancel and then keep checking my account every few days, after a couple of weeks they usually make you a decent offer to stay with them. I did it over live chat last time and I got a good deal ?
What do you class a a good deal please?

When I spoke with somebody he was trying to get me to change internet provider and did not listen.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
What do you class a a good deal please?

When I spoke with somebody he was trying to get me to change internet provider and did not listen.

If I get a slightly lower or similar price to what I already have I’ll go with it. My initial package from 5 years ago was very good so it generally stays about what I was paying then.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I always cancel when they send the initial renewal, tell them im not paying more than currently am. Usually takes them 2 of 3 offers to get to an acceptable level. Last one wasnt as good sadly and bear in mind they will increase the price by inflation plus 4% or similar each march which was over 10% in total this yr!!!

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I called them today, and was offered free Sky Q for 18 months with free installation, Sky Signature which includes box sets and Cinema, Sky Sports, Sky HD and 3 months free Netflix for £73. When Netflix expires, it'll only cost me £5 a month, which is still cheaper than a standard Netflix account.
That was a reduction of £25 per month on my current rate, but I was out of contract and hadn't realised! Silly boy!
As I was out of contract, I didnt have any real bargaining power, but I was happy enough with the offer.

RichA

Visit site
I hate coming up for renewal, hate everything about Sky, hate being unable to contact them.

My package is due for renewal and it has increased by over 28% in 2 years to £59. Thinking of cancelling the lot. See what happens. I have Sky sports, HD and a mate had similar and they gave him the package for £22 for 2 years.

You could get a Freesat box. You don't need an aerial - you've got a dish.
I ditched Virgin Media a few years ago, nicked the unused dish off my Dad's house and bought a Humax Freesat box with hard-drive. We've saved many hundreds of £s and I have no regrets.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

Go on the live chat, tell them you are leaving because you can't justify the cost. See what they offer you. Be prepared to say no thanks as they will "speak to their supervisor" and come back with a better offer. I'm currently paying £30 a month for Sky Sports and HD. Been with them forever, always threaten to leave when the contract is up, and always end up with a decent deal.

D

Deleted member 23270

CCCAMBOX currently offering their iptv service for €3.99 a month.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
We've got our virgin contract renewal coming up. We don't watch any live TV just have Amazon and Disney on a firestick so will be going for just bb and cancelling the TV licence, which is a bit scary but a bloke at work has just done it and has no regrets.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I ditched sky and use an iptv service on a Firestick for £60 a year

went away with the grandson for an adventure weekend ( last week). a few of the guys were on about this one of them said “you do know it’s 2022”. £40 for the stick and £50 to load it. I honestly don’t know what it entails but there was only me that didn’t have one.