Sky Sports Package

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Always worth remembering that if you have any recordings of the sports channels you will not be able to watch them once you cancel.

Although I have not checked but I suspect you will lose any deal you have if and when you you take it out again.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
Always worth remembering that if you have any recordings of the sports channels you will not be able to watch them once you cancel.

Although I have not checked but I suspect you will lose any deal you have if and when you you take it out again.

Can't the recordings be transferred from the cloud to permanent media before cancelling?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Can't the recordings be transferred from the cloud to permanent media before cancelling?

I do not know about SKY cloud (is there such a thing) but Sky has it's own proprietary format for recordings on hard disk and they cannot simply be copied to another media.

When I switched from SKY+ to SKY Q I had to dig out the VCR and record all the programmes I wanted to keep, recording in real time.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
I do not know about SKY cloud (is there such a thing) but Sky has it's own proprietary format for recordings on hard disk and they cannot simply be copied to another media.

When I switched from SKY+ to SKY Q I had to dig out the VCR and record all the programmes I wanted to keep, recording in real time.

Tech giveth and tech taketh away. My cable bill is outrageous, but I've yet to marshall the discipline to cut back on services. So far the Gestapo (my wife) has not issued any edicts.

chasf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If you use the pause subscription option, they stop taking the money, but the channels and recording are still watchable and when the sports start back they start taking up the payment. I have a deal with them and looking at future payments the deals are still being applied

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I've paused (not cancelled) my Sky Sports today. I tried it last night on my tablet but it just kept spinning. Went on today and the website told me to wait, which I did and 5 minutes later I was able to pause my account.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you use the pause subscription option, they stop taking the money, but the channels and recording are still watchable and when the sports start back they start taking up the payment. I have a deal with them and looking at future payments the deals are still being applied

Thanks for the heads up - duly done.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've paused (not cancelled) my Sky Sports today. I tried it last night on my tablet but it just kept spinning. Went on today and the website told me to wait, which I did and 5 minutes later I was able to pause my account.

Mine kept spinning but going back I saw a confirmation page and checking my account I can see it has been applied to the next statement.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Was going to leave it running, but have now paused on the basis that they are still providing the channels. Can't complain about that, happy to resume once normal service resumes.

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
We were going to pause\cancel but realised that my fil with dementia who has moved in with us is happy to watch some of the classic football, cricket and golf currently being shown.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
We were going to pause\cancel but realised that my fil with dementia who has moved in with us is happy to watch some of the classic football, cricket and golf currently being shown.

If you pause, SKY stop the payments until live sport returns,BUT, they will continue to broadcast the channels to you in the mean time, which you can watch without paying if you were a subscriber.