Sky Soundbox

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sky are launching their Soundbox this Autumn. It's a decent brand and price by the look of it.

Might give it a go for one of the rooms so pre registered for it.

I don't have Sky Q but I don't think that it's needed as it will work with normal Sky albeit with less features from what I understand.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Decided to Google it. It's a sound box but seems an expensive option. Lots of options out there at that price point and below. Check those out before you dive in on this. It may be very good but then so are lots of existing options.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
They claim this box is £799 to non Sky customers. If that's true then getting a better unit for the same money (£299) is a big ask.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
You're assuming it is worth a genuine £799. That could be like a DFS sofa real price. It could be a great deal, hopefully you can send it back if it is not up to scratch.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The tech inside this thing is made by Devialet. These guys are amongst the best of your high end audio equipment. The have amps that cost around 20k each :eek:oo:

Apparently the system it is largely based on is circa 1.5k

The us every chance that 250 will be an absolute bargain.

I’m getting one ASAP

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
I received mine last week after complaining to Sky about the delay. Demand for these has been very high at launch and they’re now quoting 21 day lead times.

I must say coming from using the tinny speakers on our 50” panny I can say that the Sky devialet soundbox is a massive improvement.

Sound quality is excellent with plenty of bass. It is loud but I found myself wanting to turn it up even louder - maybe I’m just going deaf in my old age. Perhaps they designed it this way so you don’t hear any distortion because I haven’t heard any yet.

I’m only using with Sky HD but this soundbox has more features when used with Sky Q so will move to that in the new year.

Currently having to use 2 remotes because I haven’t figured out a way to use the volume buttons on the Sky remote to control the SB.

There are instructions in the guide to show you how to use the same remote to do both but you have to press the TV button first to change volume (and it uses different up and down keys) and then you have to remember to press Sky button when you want to control Sky again.

That and not having ARC support are my only 2 grumbles, otherwise an excellent sound bar/box for the money ( £300).

Last edited:

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Bumping an old thread.

Anyone else bought one of these?

I am a Sky Q customer and whilst i do watch some telly, i am really interested in how these thing perform with music. I sit streaming Spottily mostly from my Ipad.