Sky coverage of Farmers Open

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't know about anybody else but I could only manage 45 mins. The swopping between the 2 courses and the graphics and noise totally spoilt it for me. Might come back to it on Saturday.

DAVEYBOY

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I don't know about anybody else but I could only manage 45 mins. The swopping between the 2 courses and the graphics and noise totally spoilt it for me. Might come back to it on Saturday.

Nothing wrong with it... What do you want them to do? only show one course and miss half of the field out? :confused:

D

Deleted member 15344

It's normal sky US coverage - more talking than actual golf coverage

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Is It the normal crap Sky US PGA coverage, with hours of talking heads while the US commercial breaks are on, intersperced with occasional bits of golf normally featuring Tiger Woods? I stopped my contract with Sky years ago because it ain't worth the money. :mmm:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 18588

To be fair to Sky you have to realise that, apart from the talking heads in the studio, they have no say in the actual coverage and just have to accept whatever the US networks provide.

Because of this I would have to agree that most of their offering is rubbish.

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site

I am working but have it on my i pad, its the TW show as per usual, he's +1 just now, no idea who's leading.

D

Deleted member 15344

I am working but have it on my i pad, its the TW show as per usual, he's +1 just now, no idea who's leading.
And that's the other reason why I don't like the US coverage - it's only covering one person 95% of the time

D

Deleted member 15344

Its lucky I'm a TW fan then :clap:

I would prefer to see all the golfers - especially the people that are playing well and leading

It's why I also prefer the coverage of the Open - the focus on everyone

standrew

Head Pro
Visit site
I cant stand the attention deficit style 'show 10 putts in a row' thing. I'd rather see more full holes than mainly putts. Like Nick Faldo though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

So what have the "I do not like the coverage" people been watching instead? Emmerdale, Corrie or Eastenders?

Watching programs that I have recorded ( no soaps ) plus highlights from earlier in Qatar :thup:

DAVEYBOY

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
You lot are mad, very good field and a great course or 2 even and you don't bloody watch it :rolleyes:

Ricky Fowler is having a bit of a shocker in his first round since joining Butch... +6 so far :eek:

D

Deleted member 15344

You lot are mad, very good field and a great course or 2 even and you don't bloody watch it :rolleyes:

Ricky Fowler is having a bit of a shocker in his first round since joining Butch... +6 so far :eek:

Because it's more talk than golf and more Woods than other players , it's more putts than anything else - it's awful yank coverage - dull as the studio guests :thup:

Just because it's golf on telly doesn't mean it's watchable golf

DAVEYBOY

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
He played last week.

Yes he did, I'm not sure why I even thought it was his first round... Probably because I watched inside the PGA tour last night and he was the main feature and he was talking about starting strong at the Farmers. My mistake :thup:

Stuey01

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes he did, I'm not sure why I even thought it was his first round... Probably because I watched inside the PGA tour last night and he was the main feature and he was talking about starting strong at the Farmers. My mistake :thup:

His swing is looking much better. When he gets it grooved he could be really onto something