Sketchers go golf elite 5

Jason.H

Visit site
I bought Sketchers Go Golf Elite 5 a few weeks ago. Twice I’ve played 18 holes in wet conditions and feet have got wet through. I would not recommend these to anyone unless you only play dry conditions. Also in hot weather my feet felt hot, I’ve never noticed that with other shoes. I will be looking for a refund on these.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
I have them too only worn them twice in dry conditions my v4 elite were not bad at keeping me dry but in heavy rain would laek, have a look at puma their range is just as comfortable and less leaky

gopher99

Visit site
I have a couple of pairs of Sketchers, the go golf elite5 slip in and also the go golf pro 5 hyper. I have worn both pairs in the rain and also on hot day( obviously not in this country). They haven’t leaked for me yet, or been too sweaty.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have a couple of pairs of Sketchers, the go golf elite5 slip in and also the go golf pro 5 hyper. I have worn both pairs in the rain and also on hot day( obviously not in this country). They haven’t leaked for me yet, or been too sweaty.
I'm not sure I like the slip-ins. I wore them for one round the other week and they just don't feel quite right. The stiff heel sort of makes them feel loose around the back for me. I much preferred the other pair they gave me, which were the conventional lace-up kind.

(Post edited as apparently I made a faux pas.)

Last edited:

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm planning to sell my slip-ins. I wore them for one round the other week and they just don't feel quite right. The stiff heel sort of makes them feel loose around the back for me. I much preferred the other pair they gave me, which were the conventional lace-up kind. I'm going to stick the slip-ins up on Ebay.

They'd make a good donation to the H4H auction if you arent going to keep them.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Guys, Fragger has kindly asked you to cool it a little. None of you are going to change the other’s mind. You’ve said your piece, best just to leave it there.

D

Deleted member 1147

Im still using my Ping Scottsdale putter from a GM day 10 years ago.
Tried others in the meantime but nothing else has done the job as well.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Im still using my Ping Scottsdale putter from a GM day 10 years ago.
Tried others in the meantime but nothing else has done the job as well.

I think clubs will last longer if fitted etc as shoes on the day could be lovely but when it rains or whatever doesn't suit

But glad to hear you like the putter
Olly is probably in the top 5 most active people on the forum, so is Phil. I think everyone on the forum knows who got the shoes.

Atleast we didn’t get loads of new people signing up like when we had the Footjoy shoe competition…..those were fun times

Very good point well made

Last edited by a moderator:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
"I much preferred the other pair they gave me"

Absolutely was him saying it. Maybe, just maybe you wanted to dig at "someone else" just as much....
I replied that to Gopher99 because he was one the others on the Skechers London Club day, so it made contextual sense, plus the topic is about reviewing those shoes so it was relevant in the sense I didn't get on with them. We had a great day at an excellent golf course and held up our side of the bargain by doing the interview pieces etc. I highly doubt Skechers give a toss what we did with the shoes after that. It's not like they can sell worn shoes. I didn't just apply for free shoes to sell, it was for the whole day, the experience.

I have to be honest, I never dreamed this would be a problem for people. 😂 I felt like it was tantamount to asking me to give away my clubs or my car for free. Never heard of this being an issue before?? Learn something new every day I guess. I can't believe this discussion has carried on either!

Edit - I have edited my original post to remove my apparent faux pas, so if anyone who quoted it could do the same that'd be grand.

Last edited:

Jason.H

Visit site
Referring to my original post. After many emails to Sketchers the warranty claim is in so will await a refund 😂.
After some searching for my purchase details they were found in my rarely used PayPal.
And the fault in the shoes had become more prominent to show in photos for proof.
Aside from the build quality (China on the label) they are extremely comfortable and not many manufacturers make an extra wide fitting shoe.

D

Deleted member 35599

Less than £40 on a certain "direct sports" website presently. I left a clue in the speech marks.