single figure golfer what is it ?

paulc

Visit site
Stupid title I know. but help required to see what your club is doing and to see if we are all doing the same.

We have always had a single figure event each year 36 holes for golfers on the old system below 9.5 obv. Our club has decided that the event will stay they same however you have to have a index of 7.2 because our slope rating is high and anything above that means you would be of more than 9 on that day this would mean I'm no longer single figure at my own club or not allowed to play in its single figure event at least but on another courses lets say with an lower slope i would be able to play this does not seem right in anyway to me what are other clubs doing ?????

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
The advice from CONGU/EG is to use H.I., which is what you club is doing.

In that way a club can set the limit according to slope.
Yup, I don't see how it could be any different tbh.

I've only played one event this year where they had a limit that was anything close to my handicap, and that was Blairgowrie where they put a limit of 5.3 (ie Handicap Index) on the event, luckily I was exactly that at the time :LOL:

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We have an 18+ comp (stroke play followed by 8 person match play knockout) and this year they used HI as the cut off. This meant that player of 17.9 who would get 19/20 shots couldn't enter which I think is wrong. Competitions should have a HI set so the shots received is as it used to be in the old days.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
We have an 18+ comp (stroke play followed by 8 person match play knockout) and this year they used HI as the cut off. This meant that player of 17.9 who would get 19/20 shots couldn't enter which I think is wrong. Competitions should have a HI set so the shots received is as it used to be in the old days.
Yup they should have