Sick of work

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just got home through the rush hour traffic after another crap week. God I'm sick of working, 6 numbers that's all I need 6 bloody numbers. :(

Yerman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A wise man once said something like:
"If every day was full of play
then play would become as tedious as work".
-but I bet he didn't golf -must get a ticket. ;)

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
I'm playing Sunday. The weather seems to have brightened up a bit up here, very windy though.

Feel like crap at the moment, had a dodgy lunch at work yesterday. It made a reappearance early this morning. Stomach cramps, feeling cold, thought I was dying.
Spewed twice and felt a bit better.

Went to work this morning, not 100%, and promptly spewed for England before getting to the office. Told a colleague that that was me out of the door and going home.
Been in bed feeling pretty lousy most of the day. Haven't eaten a thing since last night, just drinking water.
Got a pounding head and a stomach that feels like it's been out on the lash for 5 days solid. :eek:

Would love to go up to the club for a bit of practise but just don't have the energy.

And you've had a bad day at work!!!!!!!

B

birdieman

I'm playing Sunday. The weather seems to have brightened up a bit up here, very windy though.

Feel like crap at the moment, had a dodgy lunch at work yesterday. It made a reappearance early this morning. Stomach cramps, feeling cold, thought I was dying.
Spewed twice and felt a bit better.

Went to work this morning, not 100%, and promptly spewed for England before getting to the office. Told a colleague that that was me out of the door and going home.
Been in bed feeling pretty lousy most of the day. Haven't eaten a thing since last night, just drinking water.
Got a pounding head and a stomach that feels like it's been out on the lash for 5 days solid. :eek:

Would love to go up to the club for a bit of practise but just don't have the energy.

And you've had a bad day at work!!!!!!!

Sure its something you ate as it sounds like the same bug me and the mrs have just had, boy took it home from nursery. 48 hours and you'll be over the worst! Not nice though. :(

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Know how you feel, we are currently undergoing work practise changes we agreed to work 2.5 hrs longer and reuce our flexileave entitlements, management now trying to change the agreement by trying to abolish our flexileave by the backdoor.

Making suggestions like-you can get flexileave but only after all your annual leave is gone, trying to compel staff to take a 60 min luch break to stop us building up flex credit. Excuse given for a 60 min lunch "to stop staff suffering fatigue in the afternoon" we work in an office FFS---not exact physically taxing.
As usual using the recession as an excuse.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
SHMBO............phoned me at work 3 weeks ago to say that she!!!! had won the lottery!!!???
Asked her ,what happened to 50/50 split on everything.......answer..dont be stupid it was her numbers?????
Anyway,,,,,,,5 numbers and £1500 in her pocket so she off to Austria to see her son who stays there!
All I can do is eat chinese and Indian for a week(well beans do get boring dont they????) :rolleyes:

toonarmy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Be thankful that you've got work to moan about.

Some of us aren't so fortunate and believe me, right now is not a time to be needing to get a job.

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
SHMBO............phoned me at work 3 weeks ago to say that she!!!! had won the lottery!!!???
Asked her ,what happened to 50/50 split on everything.......answer..dont be stupid it was her numbers?????
Anyway,,,,,,,5 numbers and £1500 in her pocket so she off to Austria to see her son who stays there!
All I can do is eat chinese and Indian for a week(well beans do get boring dont they????) :rolleyes:

Hope you've changed the locks m8.

Andy

EaseNgrace

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I totally agree, Im a bricklayer and spent 8 months without any work last year. It sounds ridiculous but there literally wasn't any work to speak of in Norwich until my previous employer gave me a call.
I've now been working steadily since last November, and although im earning at least 60% less than a couple of years ago im grateful they are keeping me busy even if it is a struggle to pay the rent.
I'd like to see how people in the public sector (Teachers, Nurses etc.) would respond to a 60% wage cut.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I am a public sector worker (NHS) and sympathise completely with any manual workers or the self employed. My father in law is a driving instructor and is struggling for new business at the moment. I've a number of guys in the darts team that work in scaffolding, decorating etc who have been finding work patchy at best. On the downside, public sector pay is shocking and a 2% pay increase is hardly keeping track with spiralling costs (petrol, train fare, food etc)

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
For what it's worth I'm a Time Served Bricklayer myself and only found my way into this job due to the last recession and not been able to get work for months at a time so I know what it's like. I know I'm lucky to be working but it doesn't stop me getting P.Oed with it from time to time.Same as everyone else.

MizunoMan

Club Champion
Visit site
I'd like to see how people in the public sector (Teachers, Nurses etc.) would respond to a 60% wage cut.

Probably by not teaching your kids or giving a toss about you if you were sick.
I spend my 12 weeks a year holiday worring about why i get paid so much and what i can do with all my time off, its a real drag. ;)

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
Least you got a job to hate, I kinda miss hating my job and looking forward to the weekend, all I do now is iron, wash clothes, paint, cook and bloody clean, I think the wife is buying me a tabbard next week :(

Anyone got a job going?

Do mods get paid? ;)