Should the caddies get an Olympic medal?

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Can never quite get this clear in my head; most of me thinks that you should as they're a huge part of the whole deal but then most caddies aren't from the same country so it doesn't really work.

Saw someone suggested that they should or do get a small gold/silver/bronze coin but not quite the same...

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Fulcher did pretty much all of Rose's preparation in Rio, got there early, walked the course every day and then obviously did all the on-course bits. The cox in rowing gets one and not sure I see any difference?

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Could make it a caddie free event, that would certainly make it different from all the other events they play in.

It''s a nice thought isn't it but imagine there would be even more withdrawals if they had to look after themselves. Didn't even see it on Sunday but apparently temperature was around 100 degrees

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Fulcher did pretty much all of Rose's preparation in Rio, got there early, walked the course every day and then obviously did all the on-course bits. The cox in rowing gets one and not sure I see any difference?
I think the cox in a boat is a little lucky to get a medal but I'm guessing they may at least steer the boat, as well as doing other things. In terms of what you describe Rose's caddy did, that is equivalent to what the relevant coach's do across a range of events. Until they actually swing a club I'm afraid they miss out.

D

Deleted member 15344

Maybe all the work was a bit of a stretch. The rider occasionally kicks the horse ?

the rider does a lot more than that - and is key to the horse competing at the level they do

D

Deleted member 16999

No, The caddie is employed by the Golfer and aren’t selected on their own merits.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
So what do they get?
No prize money so no win bonus.
Expensive week for the Pro....
On the basis that the Pro wouldn't be able to function on the course without their caddy, I think they should get something.
Does the "guide" get something in the blind skiing at the Winter Games:unsure:

D

Deleted member 15344

So what do they get?
No prize money so no win bonus.
Expensive week for the Pro....
On the basis that the Pro wouldn't be able to function on the course without their caddy, I think they should get something.
Does the "guide" get something in the blind skiing at the Winter Games:unsure:
Yes because they actually ski the whole race as well

Does the caddy hit the shots ?

Does a caddy get the green jacket when someone wins the masters ? Get the claret jug ?

Coaches don’t get medals , assistants don’t get medal.