Should I get another wedge(s) ? (beginner with just a PW)

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I carry 4 a well, the wedge from the P790's, 50* 56* 60* I just changed 2 of mine and did away with a 64* Sureout as the 60* is much more versatile
I am thinking of ditching my 60* as it costs me more shots than it saves me.
It’s a difficult club to master imo.
You have to hit it so hard just to get the length right even on short shots.
Might go 50/54/58.
Give me room for a 3 wood.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Might go 50/54/58.

Whatever suits is what to get but I just got the Taylormade Hi Toe and they are just so easy to hit compared to me Vokey's and I believe Rory, Dustin and loads of others play them

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've dropped my 60 wedge this last 6 rounds to a accommodate a driving iron.

Makes around the green easy now as I just reach for my 56 degree nearly all the time. Decided a few weeks ago I wasnt going to chip with 7 8 9 ps etc from the rough around the greens and only use them if I was on the closely mown grass around the green or fairway and also only if I need to run up a bank in the green.

Also gone back to playing my 56 with a variable ball position. Old school chipping if I want a bit of roll back in the stance style job.

The 60 may go back in as my 5wood and 4 hybrid are very similar distance wise. I don't really need both.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I've dropped my 60 wedge this last 6 rounds to a accommodate a driving iron.

Makes around the green easy now as I just reach for my 56 degree nearly all the time. Decided a few weeks ago I wasnt going to chip with 7 8 9 ps etc from the rough around the greens and only use them if I was on the closely mown grass around the green or fairway and also only if I need to run up a bank in the green.

Also gone back to playing my 56 with a variable ball position. Old school chipping if I want a bit of roll back in the stance style job.

The 60 may go back in as my 5wood and 4 hybrid are very similar distance wise. I don't really need both.

Good plan, I only ever chip round the green with one, or maybe now two, of my wedges, that way I dont have to learn the characteristics of several clubs

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Might go 50/54/58.
I agree and binned mine ages ago. gone 46 PW 52 and 58 for a nice even split. Open up my 58 for bunkers and gives me as much loft as I need to get well enough