Shot tracking devices

Albo

Visit site
What is else do you do when on you’re on your own other than play with your phone!!! All I do is change putting distance and that about it.
I just fire round quickly, nobody else out on the course so I just hit walk and hit again, and drop a few times 🤣

Albo

Visit site
First hole today it picked up 2 putts when I hit one, it picked up me using my 60 degree wedge when I used my 50.
Second hole it picked up 1 putt when I had 2
3rd picked up a chip with 60 degree when I used 56 and had me a 3 putt when I had 2
4th picked up me using 60 degree when I used 50
9 had me 3 putts when I had 2
10 had me a 60 degree when I used 50 and then missed a 50 all together
13 had me a 60 when I used a 50
14 had me a PW and I used a 50
17 missed putt.

That’s just an example from today, it missed all those shots it thinks I used my 60 with, and guesses the club I used based on yardage

PaulMdj

Visit site
First hole today it picked up 2 putts when I hit one, it picked up me using my 60 degree wedge when I used my 50.
3rd picked up a chip with 60 degree when I used 56 and had me a 3 putt when I had 2
17 missed putt.

That’s just an example from today, it missed all those shots it thinks I used my 60 with, and guesses the club I used based on yardage
I’ve never had the issue of wrong clubs in the 5+ years I’ve used it! Might be worth contacting Customer Support with your data from today.

I have the odd short shots around the green missed, but put that down to contact being minimal.

Viewer

Visit site
17 missed putt.

Defo you and not the system

Paxo

Visit site
I’ve got the ShotScope X5 watch and after some initial teething problems with the watch (released before it was actually properly finished IMO) it’s now a great piece of kit. I’ve had very few issues of missed shots so you can completely forget about it whilst playing. The issue I’ve had in the past with GG (and similar) was I struggled with having to tag each shot before hitting and I’d invariably miss a load of shots. The X5 means I don’t have to worry about it.
I would love forgetting to tag a shot because I could show people my 400yd drives...

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I've used most of the shot trackers down the years and they all affected my game detrimentally
Because I knew that the system was bound to miss a shot from time to time, which meant I would have to check every shot at the end, I found I was spending too much concentration time on remembering which club I'd hit and the yardage I had rather than focusing on the shot itself
Even if it didn't miss a shot I'd still have to go through every shot to make sure...
This became a chore very quickly....
Until they can absolutely guarantee to collect every shot, club and yardage correctly, which I doubt will happen in my lifetime, I'll be steering clear.

Albo

Visit site
I've used most of the shot trackers down the years and they all affected my game detrimentally
Because I knew that the system was bound to miss a shot from time to time, which meant I would have to check every shot at the end, I found I was spending too much concentration time on remembering which club I'd hit and the yardage I had rather than focusing on the shot itself
Even if it didn't miss a shot I'd still have to go through every shot to make sure...
Until they can absolutely guarantee to collect every shot, club and yardage correctly, which I doubt will happen in my lifetime, I'll be steering clear.
I’m with you all the way on this!
My Garmin watch has some rudimentary tracking on it, and when I hit a club it buzzes to ask me what club I’ve hit which is easy as it’s on my wrist, it automatically moves to the correct screen and takes me to the club it thinks I might have hit based on the distance, this is pretty good and very easy, but it still misses shots, especially chips, at least with putts it just asks how many I’ve had at the end of the hole. It too isn’t perfect though.
I think shot tracking is a great thing if you’re serious about improving and knowing your game in more detail, but as you say at the moment it’s too flawed to be as effective as it should be. And that’s before you get to the fact that it can obviously only track total distance a club goes.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
The recent thread on Game Golf rekindled my interest in shot tracking. I was an avid Game Golf user until it crashed, and liked the interface etc. I have looked at alternatives, shot scope, arcoss and GarminCT10, but was just after some feedback from users.

My issue is I don't want to have my phone in my pocket, which i think is necessary for shotscope, unless you purchase the separate caddy link (?) and arcoss.

I have a Garmin watch so can track my shots (apart from chips and putts) with that (albeit manually clicking on my watch). That works OK but I would need to buy some sensors to complete the tracking functionality. The Garmin stats etc seem limited though.

Any users care to give me some feedback on their experiences.
Have to say the latest shotscope x5 update has been excellent. You can leave your phone at home if you want.

Check out their YouTube channel for short viseos

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I must admit I use my x5 more for gps and shot planning on the new map function. The main way I use the stats is to compare my SG against my hcp level and one below to direct my practice following the game. Completely agree you could get buried in so many stats these days.

I’d never use it to track distances as GPS can be off, albeit playing averages are useful to compare against your shot measuring device

Reactions: sjw

Yorkhacker

Visit site
I used a Shotscope V3 until the RFID in the strap broke and it stop tracking shots.
Now have an H4 which is much better in that if you remember to tag your club on every shot, it buzzes and never misses a shot. Even the putting is more accurate, but not perfect.
Remembering to tag the clubs is a doddle after the first couple of rounds.

Springveldt

Visit site
Maybe some things work better in some areas than others.
I stopped using shotscope when it was regularly measuring the length of my tee shots as about 150-170 yds on a par3 when the hole measures over 200 yds and I was hitting to the middle of the green.
Wrong tee box?

Springveldt

Visit site
17 missed putt.

I don’t have Arccos but the common denominator in most of that is your 50 wedge. Maybe the tag is broken on it so the system is guessing your club based on distance?

Albo

Visit site
I don’t have Arccos but the common denominator in most of that is your 50 wedge. Maybe the tag is broken on it so the system is guessing your club based on distance?
Yeah it got my 50 wrong 5 times and other things wron 6 times.
Honestly I am am across fan, I’m just struggling with it

Yorkhacker

Visit site
I understand there's a Shotscope V5 coming soon. It will be an update of the V3, but will look like the X5 without the touchscreen.