Short Notice - Painswick GC, Wednesday 31st August

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Short notice I know but a mini-meet at Painswick Golf Club on Wednesday 31st August.
Only £18.75 per person

https://www.painswickgolf.com/

Great character course that everyone should play at least once.

Vintage clubs encouraged but not compulsory, if you don't have a vintage set but want to play them I can lend some.

Looking for a quick idea of likely number, currently we have three, please add you name to list below if you want to play.

Crow
@Voyager EMH
@IanM

The Lion

Visit site
Brilliant and totally fun course. Been approaching three years since I played it. Desperately need a return very soon! ?

Hope you all have a great day out.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I have an Ebay purchase to collect in Bishops Cleeve. It would be great to get that done on same day.

Not played course before. Looks like a good un for a vintage game.

Voyager EMH

Visit site
I was a junior member at Pennard in 1971/2.
Way too tough for a nipper with cut-down hickories. Good training, I feel, that paid off for the years that followed.

Looking at Painswick on Google Earth, it looks a bit like a scaled-down Pennard.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I've not had the chance to develop the vintage bag. I'm quite nervous about playing there with the old Dunlop, but I'm more nervous about showing up with a powakaddy and modern kit!!

Whatever you're comfortable playing with Ian, we're there for fun not as a test!

Voyager EMH

Visit site
It will be Dunlop Peter Thomson 3 and 5 wood for me, because I played with them today. Late 60s, maybe. Sure @Crow will know.
The course looks like a driver would just get me into trouble.
Forgan Powerpakt 1961 irons 2-9 and a random SW from a later date. John Letters Banker 5 putter. Old bag and old pull-along trolley.
But I often change my mind the day before.

Nervous, ha.
Lent a set each to two chaps today. Neither reached the fairway on the first. Both finished with 33 points to beat me. They had a great time.
Both completely hooked now. They are going to arrange the next game at our club and recruit others to take part.

Ian, you got those old clubs to play with them. They are not ornaments.
It is simply entertaining and enjoyable to play golf with old classics.
You might hit a few poor shots, but you will only remember the good shots and you will be really keen for another go as soon as you walk off the 18th green.