Shoes

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
Does anyone else have trouble finding waterproof shoes that don't cook your feet? Find everything that's actually waterproof far too warm after 5 minutes of wearing them. Any suggestions?

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
Tried some footjoys but had to take them back, one size is a touch small and the next half size up my feet fall out of when I walk. Will look at UA tomorrow. Thanks

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Tried some footjoys but had to take them back, one size is a touch small and the next half size up my feet fall out of when I walk. Will look at UA tomorrow. Thanks
Have you tried half sizes? This is generally what they are for, also the cheaper golf shoes are made from cheaper synthetic materials that don't breathe so generally you need to go to a mid rangeshoe for better comfort etc

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
Have you tried half sizes? This is generally what they are for, also the cheaper golf shoes are made from cheaper synthetic materials that don't breathe so generally you need to go to a mid rangeshoe for better comfort etc

The post you quoted said I tried a half up and it was a huge difference lol might spend an extra £20-30 though I think

Mr Fastidious

Hacker
Visit site
Personally I would avoid FJ like the plague as every pair I've had leaked.

Just got a pair UA Spieth 2s and they are unreal. Gore tex and no sweaty feet at all

I couldn't agree more, just bought UA Speith 2 and they are great, stay away from FJ Hyperflex as they fall apart.

Also UA give a 2 year waterproof guarantee in the UK, try American Golf as they have a sale on, paid £100 for mine with the BOA lacing just 2 weeks ago. :)

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
I couldn't agree more, just bought UA Speith 2 and they are great, stay away from FJ Hyperflex as they fall apart.

Also UA give a 2 year waterproof guarantee in the UK, try American Golf as they have a sale on, paid £100 for mine with the BOA lacing just 2 weeks ago. :)

Tried some under armour, went to some other shops and went into my local AG to order my size in and found some footjoy DNA for £90 that fit a lot better and feel more breathable so thought I'd give that a go, wear them at home for a longer period to see if they're alright and then if not take them back and swap for UA.

Got to the till and was charged £80. Result.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

That's a good deal. Very tempted by that. Best price I've seen so far was £110 at a local range and that was for the ordinary lacing

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
8.5 Footjoy don't fit me.
8.5 W (wide) are just champion.

If you liked the shoe try the wide fitting model.

Otherwise good luck in your search for a decent golf shoes. It's a mine field.

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
8.5 Footjoy don't fit me.
8.5 W (wide) are just champion.

If you liked the shoe try the wide fitting model.

Otherwise good luck in your search for a decent golf shoes. It's a mine field.

I'm hoping the DNA helix I got tonight will be the ones. Testing them out Sunday so I guess we'll find out then lol