Shanking pitches

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Contrary to popular belief, i dont hit many shanks. Course closed today, so to get some air, i thought i would do some chipping and pitching. In two hours, i must have hit 200 plus shanks, and a good few fats thrown in for good measure.

Wish i hadnt bothered.

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
Contrary to popular belief, i dont hit many shanks. Course closed today, so to get some air, i thought i would do some chipping and pitching. In two hours, i must have hit 200 plus shanks, and a good few fats thrown in for good measure.

Wish i hadnt bothered.

100 shanks an hour is impressive by any standards, why not slow it down a little under some professional guidance.

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If it makes you feel any better, I had a god awful practice round today. The only thing I got right was going home.

D

Deleted member 3432

Wish i hadnt bothered.

Not quite sure why someone would practice hitting shanks!

Being serious I find it better after the 2nd one to just go and do something else such as putting. Come back another day otherwise after as many as you have just hit it will be in your mind. Thats not a good place to be.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Not quite sure why someone would practice hitting shanks!

Being serious I find it better after the 2nd one to just go and do something else such as putting. Come back another day otherwise after as many as you have just hit it will be in your mind. Thats not a good place to be.

My head is never a good place to be!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Wish i hadnt bothered.

Had a practice session similar to that. Wanted to work on my full swing but everything I worked on wasn't good. Even the faithful linear method of pitching had a day off. Had to adjourn to a local country pub with good ales and an open fire to re-assess