Shaft bend on the swing

Hendy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Was looking at some old vids from the summer and paused the vid and noticed a bend on the iron shaft.

I have seen pics of this when people are on the down swing with the driver but it looks like it's lagging

Anyways mine looks the opposite way around is that normal? And does it mean shaft is to heavy for me? I play with a old skool dynamic gold s300 shaft 130gram..

Am going to try and upload the still images here as It shows it better than I can explain I think.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
It's usually caused by the shutter path travelling up or down the frame.

If the shutter travels down it exposes the grip first, then the head so the head looks to be in front and it looks like the shaft has had some massive recoil

If the shutter is travelling up it exposes the head first then the grip so it looks like the grip is ahead and there's a huge lag in the shaft.

In your picture the shutter is travelling down so the hands/grip are exposed a split second before the head and so the head has advanced in time and the shaft looks like it's recoiled.

D

Deleted member 23270

The shaft bends 2 ways during the swing. The 'bowing out' that you are seeing in the first pic is normal. When you address the ball the toe of the club should be very slightly off the ground (old pros used to say you could slide a coin under the toe) but when you swing and return the club to the ball the bowing effect will have made the toe flatter to the ground.