Sending clubs -- who are you using to posting

nyckuk

Visit site
Got a 3 wood for sale ( box 130x15x15 cm )
people asking about postage cost
Just looked on Parcel2go and its £15+ , im sure the last club i sent it was only £5-6 , a while ago ???
thanks

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Got a 3 wood for sale ( box 130x15x15 cm )
people asking about postage cost
Just looked on Parcel2go and its £15+ , im sure the last club i sent it was only £5-6 , a while ago ???
thanks

Hermes, but you’ll need to cut the box down to 120. Costs less than a fiver including insurance.

phils226

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hermes, but you’ll need to cut the box down to 120. Costs less than a fiver including insurance.

Another for Hermes - I've sold many clubs and only had one problem when a club was lost. Because insured to correct amount they paid out really quickly. I'd certainly advocate packing really well though using bubble wrap for extra protection. If I've not a box handy can usually oick one up from my local pro

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
What is/are the value of the club(s)?

I use Interparcel, usually UPS, for valuable stuff or for overseas shipping, Hermes for less valuable domestic stuff. Have had very few problems (mostly short delays, no loss or breakages) despite well over 100 shippings.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Given that I usually sell on Ebay it's been easy to use Hermes. And there's a drop off point in a local newsagent to me. Some people have had really issues with Hermes but they've always been fine for me, it's pot luck I guess. They're certainly the cheapest I would think.

pool888

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If the club has any value I use Parcelforce, not any more expensive than Hermes once insurance it taken into equation. Book online and drop off at the local post office, use discount code MEM for 15% off. Provided it's under 2Kg which a single club should be then it costs £8.77. No need to keep it under 120cm either you're safe up to 150cm, price also includes tracking and insurance up to £100, which can be increased to £200 for an additional £1.80. Make sure you package it well and that the label is well stuck on, never had a problem.

Last edited:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One important thing is that agents like Parcel 2 go use MyHermes.
My Hermes (and others) have a maximum parcel length of 120cm

You need to find a box that lets you place the club in the box on the diagonal.

I alway make up the box first tot eh right length and then work how to get the club in to the box.

PS I always use myhermes

RichA

Visit site
I guess reliability entirely depends on the individuals running your local franchise or who happen to be in control of your parcels.
Our local Hermes provider is excellent and the app and process is laughably easy to use.
I will do anything to avoid visiting our local Post Offices and I've had more deliveries go AWOL with Royal Mail and Parcel Force than any other service.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hermes is very much dependent on who the local delivery driver is, some are excellent whilst others are terrible.

I always use Parcelforce, £12 for a driver with insurance and I've never had any issues.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

Yup, if you want a Scotty Cameron putter left on your doorstep in broad daylight, completely ignoring the instruction to deliver it next door, then Herpes are definitely who you want. :mad:

Personally I'd go for ParcelForce or the Post Office.

marksman

Visit site
Hermes told me that my delivery had been put through the letter box . It just so happens it was a Brand new King Cobra SZ Driver . It never arrived and turned up on Gumtree about 8 weeks later . I personally would never use them .

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Each to their own, and I’ve personally never had a problem with them. Our Hermes man is a local legend, I don’t know how he gets his round done in a day, everyone stops him for a chat!

Golfnut1957

Visit site
I generally believe that DPD is the best carrier out there, but they are not so readily accessible to me.

All of the clubs I have sold, and there have been hundreds, are sold on eBay and I use their Packlink service. Everything you need is generated automatically as they have all the details. The prices are competitive, and their insurance is always for the exact selling price and is again competitive.

They offer a range of couriers, but I generally go with Hermes. I haven't had any real problems with them, misdirected occasionally, but I have also had that with Parcelforce. Just make sure you have them fully insured.

Mark_Aged_42

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hermes told me that my delivery had been put through the letter box . It just so happens it was a Brand new King Cobra SZ Driver . It never arrived and turned up on Gumtree about 8 weeks later . I personally would never use them
Yep, totally agree.
I once sent a set of Mizuno MP-57s - and only the 6 iron was in the box when it arrived!
You almost have to admire the brass neck of Hermes.
And their complaints procedure is intentionally impossible to get a resolution
As I said, never use Hermes.