• Goosen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Shooter_McGavin

Assistant Pro
Visit site
After the hype of the big 5 in previous years there seems to be a bigger gulf than ever between Tiger and the rest. Alright he's number 2 in the rankings but can Furyk really be considered the second best player in the world with his steady but often uninspiring golf? If not who is?

BigStu

Hacker
Visit site
I don't think anyone is clearly the second best player but at the moment should Adam Scott not be considered on recent form and move up the world rankings?

MacMachattie

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Absolutely right BigStu.

I'd say that, although he's not enjoying good form following his injury, Ernie Els has the most talent of any Tiger's challengers. His problems, aside the physical, are confidence based. He went through a spell in the early part of this century where he believed he could beat Tiger but he's lost that belief at the moment.

Scott suffers from it as well. Even before the Tour Champs, when there was talk of how disgraceful it was that Tiger wasn't playing, Adam Scott's response was along the lines of: "Well, it gives the rest of us a chance." In order to challenge Tiger they have to believe they can beat him.

Trueblue

Head Pro
Visit site
I agree about Ernie - he is truly blessed with a talent that mtaches tiger's but he has been let down by self belief and injury...one more year to get it back?! I think Furyk has to get the second best title - he is just too consistent not to, problem is he never even looks like beating Tiger

I will put my neck out and say that two Europeans will win Majors this year...Ian Poulter and Padraig Harrington

i know, i know...Poulter, you what?! But i reckon he might just get lucky and has the arrogance and belief that he deserves it - once he does it all the Europeans will be fired to go do it too...Ladbrokes here i come!

chipin1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Trueblue, you must be having a laugh. Poulter to win a Major! He's never been in contention before. I think Labbrokes will be pleased to see you.

Severiano798488

Club Champion
Visit site
I think Garcia can become the second best player in the world next season and I think he'll be the man to win Europe their next Major. If he wins one he can win a few. He's great off the tee, hits solid irons and is a magician around the greens. Once he gets his putting stroke back on track he'll be a force to be reckoned with and the problems he's had recently on the greens will ultimately make him stronger.

muttleee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Garcia has no problem putting when there's no pressure on him. I remember seeing the 2005-2006 stats (I think it was) for his performance in the first two rounds compared to in the third and fourth rounds. Before the cut he was something like 18th in scoring average but after it he was 165th. Scary.

MacMachattie

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Sorry, but I've just read Trueblue's suggestion that Ian Poulter will win a major in 2007 and almost choked on the digestive I was eating. How can you think he'll get one before Casey, Donald or Howell?

furyk_or_unique

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Justin Rose is still going to prove to be the pick of the bunch, trust me. I've been saying this to anyone who will listen (not many people) for the last three years - it's just proving a slower-build for him than for others. Will definitely challenge for one of the Majors in 2007!!

golfdonkey

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I think Furyk's ranking speaks volumes. He's earned his place there through consistency and mental toughness. I don't see anyone else out there better than him at them moment.

The_Golfer

Club Champion
Visit site
Paul Casey without doubt will make his mark during 2007 season, also Luke Donald ought be up there, fingers crossed.

As for who is the second best in the world, for me there isn't one, yet...... that's why everyone has their own preference, there is no real close second, just event winners, for now at least.....

Great in the womens though, Lorena Ochoa.....

The Golfer