Seasons Goals ?

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
my season goals have gone from being very specific and measured, to just being able to get back on the course following injury.

10 weeks now and counting,

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Why would you assume most rounds are non qual. ? I have very few non qual rounds.
He's obviously assumed it as a possible explanation for the data presented.

Would agree that it's the most likely explanation, although an SSS of 78 is another possibility, as is a significant divergence in scores (which still works arithmetically in cat 2).

As to the wider issue you raise, thus will vary hugely across the golfing population! Personally I will probably play 2 more Q rounds this year (Seniors Cup and our Masters event) out of the 30 odd rounds or events in my diary. This is probably at the other extreme to you.

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Only hoped to get playing again after injury so I guess that's been hit as I'm out playing again. That's the best of it, however. Sounds ungrateful but we all know about golfers and expectations, right...?!

This and very little time to play (due to work) all means I'm having to try to rebuild my swing a bit with the worst part being the ruining of my transition. Have a nice two way miss to contend with now so scores are dodgy to say the least. Don't know if I'll ever be the same but you never know; my short game is still decent thankfully. Sounds bad but I wish I could get my hcp up to be a least a little bit competitive, reckon I'm a good 5-7 shots a round worse off these days. Turns out it's hard to restrain the competitive spirit in me and be patient and see if things get better!!

Not the foggiest about what to do about goals :confused:

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That's interesting that your average score is 82 yet you've achieved cat 1, not sure what my average is but I've only had 3 scores in the 80s this year, the rest in the 70s but yet to break through to cat 1 though only .4 away.

Par is 72, and CSS is 73 off the whites and will sometimes rise to 74, so gives a bit of extra play. 8 qualifiers played this year, and 19 stat tracked rounds (which is pretty much every round I have played, qualifier or social knock).

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Our css of whites is 73/blues is 72/yellows is 71, Just done a quick check on mine and my average is 78.6. which is more than 3 shots less than your average, yet I'm not cat 1.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Our css of whites is 73/blues is 72/yellows is 71, Just done a quick check on mine and my average is 78.6. which is more than 3 shots less than your average, yet I'm not cat 1.

That’s unfortunate then.

I may have started a lot closer, and I have one round at 94 which is a large outlier from January...

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I’m happy with my early season form, especially as I have a new shallower swing which is still bedding in.

Gutted that my 36 hole Silver Medal has been cancelled this Saturday due to England winning last night, especially as I’ve just hit a bit of form with a 1.5 cut last week and winning a place at an away course in a 4BBB comp and getting through to a quarter final match play comp at home.

I’ve got 1 eye still on Homer 😏 and another score like last week could see me lower than him with an ESR thrown in 😜

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site

Average score and handicap have little to no relation. I’d you shot 78 everytime you won’t get cut below 6.

Whereas someone who shoots 70 82 88 (averaging 80), would have been cut a considerable amount.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Average score and handicap have little to no relation. I’d you shot 78 everytime you won’t get cut below 6.

Whereas someone who shoots 70 82 88 (averaging 80), would have been cut a considerable amount.

yes I'm well aware of that, as his 94 later revelled.

Jates12

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Quick Update on mine,

Goals were -
Shoot 75 (our par is 68) 3 times in competition play
HC to 10
Qualify for 2 Finals
Win once

Im happy to say ive completed all of my goals - Played in the club scratch final yesterday and put together 2 very good rounds whilst finishing second in some tough conditions.
75 & 78 which warrants a 1.6 cut which will take my exact to 10.1

I won the first medal of the year with a 75 which qualified me for a final which i was unable to play in due to holiday.

A good year for me, hopefully kick on next year and get to single figures.