Season goals - update

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site
Pretty sure I wanted to be hitting Irons again, which I can at the range or in a lesson. Get on the course and they aren't very pretty.
Kept my handicap around 16, which isn't too bad considering I'm not hitting an iron shots at all!!

Kaizer_Soze

Head Pro
Visit site
In the past 3 years my handicap went from 9.9 to 13.4 (start of this season) For this year I just wanted to get back down to cat 2, after a dodgy start went up to 13.6 however hit a purple patch in the last few weeks, last 4 comp results were 69, 67, NR, 67, as a result smashed my goal (handicap 11.3) and broke 80 for the first time in 3 years to boot. Next season target single figure :cool:

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Goals at the start of the year (off the top of my head) were:
  • get down to 24.
  • Play more
  • Get driver working
Well, down to 22.8. So that's in the bag. I feel like I can shoot bogey golf. That's the aim for next year.

Play more? That was going really well until surprise surgery 2 weeks ago! Been on bed rest since and can't see me being on a course until mid October at least. Gutted!

Driver? 1/10 is a wonderful long, high, baby fade... The others. More work needed!

D

Deleted member 21258

Goals :-
1) Play/enjoy the golf, irrelevant of scoring....Tick

2) play new courses.....Tick

3) Play in an invitation at each golf club....big fail for another year

4)Shot under par....Play 14 in 1 under before weather stopped play..so kind of a tick

Just thankful to be playing golf again after the lockdown.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
I didn't set any goals for this year, definitely something I will be doing in 2021 though.

But, my achievements this year have surpassed any expectations I may have had, the main ones being:
- Joined a golf club
- Got a hole in one
- Got my handicap cut

I guess I can add winning the H4H day to the list too. Absolutely buzzing!

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
Ongoing goal break the course record got close twice missed equalling by 1 twice, as for handicap positive early restart after lockdown then lost my putting totally and hit the wall. Saturday it came back.

Trailing CBD oil for injuries so far so good, if being injured was one of my goals for this season :) (cheers Bubba Watson for making me splash out on the most expensive oil ever)

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Ongoing goal break the course record got close twice missed equalling by 1 twice, as for handicap positive early restart after lockdown then lost my putting totally and hit the wall. Saturday it came back.

Trailing CBD oil for injuries so far so good, if being injured was one of my goals for this season :) (cheers Bubba Watson for making me splash out on the most expensive oil ever)

Just read a bit about this. What benefits, or otherwise, have been found by using this oil. At my age, aches and pains follow a round of golf, and sometimes precede it, ?.
Is it a "quack " thing or not?

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
Just read a bit about this. What benefits, or otherwise, have been found by using this oil. At my age, aches and pains follow a round of golf, and sometimes precede it, ?.
Is it a "quack " thing or not?

the info says not for healing but I've had an on going neck and achillies issues for years over exercising while injured. I needed a cure I do daily 7am stretch and 10 min daily warm up and at 47 I feel pretty good again not perfect but since CBD I've had improving injuries and less pain (does it work can't really say might be everything I have in place to help the injuries)

£2 a go for 10 drops :-( 3000mg full spectrum