Scottish Golf Show

stevie_r

Tour Winner
Visit site
It went bust a couple of years ago with minimum maintenance to the course...not sure of the present circumstances.
Cracking looking course though.
I was annoyed with them when I holidayed on Islay as their website said silly money for the green fees. I did not take the clubs and had a look at the course to see they were selling £50 fees.

According to the web site the hotel cannot offer accommodation at the moment as it is undergoing refurbishment, for a couple of years :eek: that must be some refurbishment they are carrying out

T

thecraw

It went bust a couple of years ago with minimum maintenance to the course...not sure of the present circumstances.
Cracking looking course though.
I was annoyed with them when I holidayed on Islay as their website said silly money for the green fees. I did not take the clubs and had a look at the course to see they were selling £50 fees.

Just checked the club website and they seem to be making changes to the course to toughen it.

Fees are interesting.
£70 for 18 holes for visitors
£275 a week for visitors
£314 for an annual subscription...is that not extracting the urine a bit.

Minimum investment my backside. It only has two full time greenkeepers and Simon does the most amazing job in the world. He has that course mastered and does the best job in the world with his resources. The hotel was the area that went tits up not the course.

The natural raw beauty of The Machrie ensures that it doesn't need a huge amount of work, just kept in trim.

BrizoH71

Tour Rookie
brianhealy.net
Just back, wasn't overly impressed. The free vouchers were the highlight of the whole event.. couldn't get near any of the equipment bays or simulators to try anything out and the free lessons were booked solid to half-4 when I asked at 11am!

Had a quick shifty around the stalls, filled in a few forms and had a browse around the AG and Affordable golf stores. Picked up a £20 Fazer putter which went for £15 through the tills and was going to get a new set of shoes, but the ones I wanted weren't in my size.

Overall, a bit underwhelmed.

sydney greenstreet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just back, wasn't overly impressed. The free vouchers were the highlight of the whole event.. couldn't get near any of the equipment bays or simulators to try anything out and the free lessons were booked solid to half-4 when I asked

Was there before the doors opened and booked a lesson for me and the wee man straight away and got 11:30 (I learned after last year) tried a few things and the pancakes were lovely :thup: the simulator was terrible and badly organised, tried a few more things this year and had a decent enough day as we were not rushing around also tried a few clubs and could not believe how well I was hitting a particular model, so my next set of clubs will definitely be John Letters T9+ Felt like a trampoline of the face. So all in all I had a decent enough day and for £15 pre paid the 3 vouchers and Johnnie Walker tickets were well worth it.

Alan

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I got my four free rounds but no Johnnies Walker is it on this year, where were you meant to get that ticket?

Pretty good show although I couldn't get near any test bays.

BrizoH71

Tour Rookie
brianhealy.net
I got my four free rounds but no Johnnies Walker is it on this year, where were you meant to get that ticket?

Would have been in the envelope along with your free rounds vouchers... for anyone who visited the McDonald Hotels stand and filled in the raffle, you should have got a voucher book.. don't throw it away as there's a couple of free rounds in there (Linden Hall, Hill Valley), along with a £50 4-ball voucher around Cardrona and a couple of 241s for Portal, Cheshire.

The Sclaffer

Assistant Pro
Visit site

I wouldn't worry too much about the Johnny Walker tickets as nearer the event you'll probably find that some of your local hostelries will be doing a promotion which requires you to bu a Johnny Walker brand whisky in return for a season pass to the tournament.

It's such a hardship ------- it really is.

:cheers:

stevie_r

Tour Winner
Visit site

The wife and I have decided we won't be bothering with the Johnny Walker, if you want our passes then drop us a pm with your address and they are yours.