Scottish golf app- projected WHS

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Am I responsible for completing a general play score? Do I need to show intent in advance of my round? When is this live from?

Yes I believe you are, you also need to put in the phone number and signature of your playing partner to verify the score.

My understanding is that its live now, provided you are playing a measured course. If your course has a shortened winter course, you need to Check if that has been measured and rated as such. Mines as such is not a measured course at the moment so can't put in general play scores despite wanting too.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sadly if people don't adhere to the guidelines we'll be stuck with covid for longer and, quite probably, the guidelines will become law.
In Scotland is there a set distance we're allowed to travel to play golf, does it have to be in the same covid tier level ?

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Sadly if people don't adhere to the guidelines we'll be stuck with covid for longer and, quite probably, the guidelines will become law.
Tell that to people in Glasgow and Lanarkshire who are ignoring the rules and spreading the virus. Somebody driving to a golf course on their own to play in the outdoors then driving straight home is not posing a risk to anyone.

abjectplop

Hacker
Visit site
Has anyone had any success with the General Play button suddenly appearing? I've emailed Scottish Golf about it but guess it'll take a few days.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
We've

Do what you want, they are only guidelines. If driving to a course and playing golf I there is no issue as far as I am concerned.

From the Scottish Golf website...

• You should avoid travel to other areas regardless of their level unless essential.
  • For exercise/sport – there is an exemption, however, it is limited:
    • In tier 4, not permitted to drive outside your Local Authority area for exercise – you can cross boundaries in the process of exercising i.e if a golf course straddles two Local Authority area boundaries.
    • In tier 3, you are permitted to travel around 5 miles for exercise.
    • In tier 2 & tier 1, you are permitted to travel freely for exercise within your own Local Authority area.
    • U18s – can travel freely for exercise in Tiers 0-3. They should not travel in or out of a Tier 4 area.
  • All golfers should be aware of travel guidance outlined by the Scottish Government and this should always be followed.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
From the Scottish Golf website...

• You should avoid travel to other areas regardless of their level unless essential.
  • For exercise/sport – there is an exemption, however, it is limited:
    • In tier 4, not permitted to drive outside your Local Authority area for exercise – you can cross boundaries in the process of exercising i.e if a golf course straddles two Local Authority area boundaries.
    • In tier 3, you are permitted to travel around 5 miles for exercise.
    • In tier 2 & tier 1, you are permitted to travel freely for exercise within your own Local Authority area.
    • U18s – can travel freely for exercise in Tiers 0-3. They should not travel in or out of a Tier 4 area.
  • All golfers should be aware of travel guidance outlined by the Scottish Government and this should always be followed.

When there are 1200 call outs to fire services and 12 assaults on fire crews along with hundreds of house parties broken up by police (all central belt Scotland) I fail to see an issue with people travelling on their own to have a game of golf.

AliMc

Visit site
Yes I believe you are, you also need to put in the phone number and signature of your playing partner to verify the score.

My understanding is that its live now, provided you are playing a measured course. If your course has a shortened winter course, you need to Check if that has been measured and rated as such. Mines as such is not a measured course at the moment so can't put in general play scores despite wanting too.

We are using Intelligent Golf, at the end of the round it asks for a photo of a signed score card, no details of playing partner

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
When there are 1200 call outs to fire services and 12 assaults on fire crews along with hundreds of house parties broken up by police (all central belt Scotland) I fail to see an issue with people travelling on their own to have a game of golf.

Nobody really cares less about what you fail to see, the bottom line is that is what is expected. The more people that break and flaunt rules to suit themselves the higher the chances are of Scotland following Londonville into lockdown.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
The index sheet the club have stuck up from Scottish Golf, i' sure is wrong, anyone under 5 index has the same handicap off all the tee;s be it black right down to the silvers which is 1700 yards shorter??

D

Deleted member 3432

The index sheet the club have stuck up from Scottish Golf, i' sure is wrong, anyone under 5 index has the same handicap off all the tee;s be it black right down to the silvers which is 1700 yards shorter??

My mate down here has the same, playing off 3 on all tees even though Blue tees are 500 yards longer.

We both had playing handicaps of 5 under 'old handicap system' now he gets 3 shots off all tees and I get 3,5 and 6 off yellow, white and Blue :ROFLMAO:

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We are using Intelligent Golf, at the end of the round it asks for a photo of a signed score card, no details of playing partner

Cool, not sure if we will use masterscoreboard for ours or not. The info regarding the playing partner was in a document that Scottish golf sent out, so when you put the general play score through you must need to do this. I guess this is for when people are playing away from their home course.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
My mate down here has the same, playing off 3 on all tees even though Blue tees are 500 yards longer.

We both had playing handicaps of 5 under 'old handicap system' now he gets 3 shots off all tees and I get 3,5 and 6 off yellow, white and Blue :ROFLMAO:
my mate slow dave was going to stick a couple of cards in off the silvers, but told he couldn't at the moment as the clubs don't think its right either:ROFLMAO:

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
my mate slow dave was going to stick a couple of cards in off the silvers, but told he couldn't at the moment as the clubs don't think its right either:ROFLMAO:

Course rating wrong????

Well I never. The idiots that support it think its foolproof.

Joke system that isn't fit for purpose - I may have mentioned that previously though.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Course rating wrong????

Well I never. The idiots that support it think its foolproof.

Joke system that isn't fit for purpose - I may have mentioned that previously though.
Yes I seem to remember that. But I don't remember your giving any ideas about a better system. Did I miss it?