Scottish golf app- projected WHS

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I can’t check what courses are listed to enter a general play score because “you need to be at a course to initiate a general play score”

The affliction of poor location services design strikes again. What’s wrong with letting me look at a list and searching and choosing?

Thinking this through, to learn how it works, I have to actually go to a course and start a general play score which I’m then committed to finish and enter scores hole by hole as I play.

Hmm. Fine, I guess. :poop:

I had this same issue yesterday, was looking at it when having our committee meeting. It worked in the morning for me, but wouldn't at night. Had to allow permission for the location services even though it had worked before. Although saying that, Id be less than a mile from my club. So maybe worth a check your location is allowed by the app.

Annoyingly for me my club doesn't have their winter course measured and the match committee don't think many people will want to put in extra scores over the winter so only allowing them in season.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So maybe worth a check your location is allowed by the app.

Yeah, checked all that. It doesn’t actually let you past the “General Play Score” button if you don’t have location services enabled. So enabling it lets it proceed but then shows the ”You must be at a course...” error.

It’s not a big deal, it’s just another shonky exhibit in the SG hall of fame.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah, checked all that. It doesn’t actually let you past the “General Play Score” button if you don’t have location services enabled. So enabling it lets it proceed but then shows the ”You must be at a course...” error.

It’s not a big deal, it’s just another shonky exhibit in the SG hall of fame.

My app is set to allow the use of GPS Location services but I don't have the General Play Score button. Guessing I'll be getting another update in the next day or two.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
We are going with Intelligent Golf and their app.
Pal entered a score today using that and it is showing up as pending on his SG app.
Might give it a go this weekend is weather is decent.

Tommy10

Visit site
Our winter league is non qualifying (we play off mats at par 3's) but comp is played off yellow tees which we have a rating and slope for.

Would I be able to enter my score this Saturday as general play so it counts as part of my 20?

peld

Visit site
We are going with Intelligent Golf and their app.
Pal entered a score today using that and it is showing up as pending on his SG app.
Might give it a go this weekend is weather is decent.
we have iG too but it will only work for my home course. im off to play Gullane tomorrow and would like to put in my score but there is no update allowing me to put in a general play score

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Our winter league is non qualifying (we play off mats at par 3's) but comp is played off yellow tees which we have a rating and slope for.

Would I be able to enter my score this Saturday as general play so it counts as part of my 20?
That in itself doesn't make it "non-qualifying"

Gowferdee

Visit site
im a new member and not yet got a handicap...just about to put some cards in...

when i try to join the scottish golf app its asking me for a cdh number - my new club didn't give me this...do i only get it when i get a handicap? i only got a login to brs

Siolag

Visit site
im a new member and not yet got a handicap...just about to put some cards in...

when i try to join the scottish golf app its asking me for a cdh number - my new club didn't give me this...do i only get it when i get a handicap? i only got a login to brs

You should be allocated that when you get a handicap. At this point you may want to join “How Did I Do” if your club use it. If not then your handicap officials should let you know it.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
My opinion to play general scores is now live on the app.

Go into handicap - its above my index - tap the button to allow you to play.

Glad its all sorted.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I filled in the ScottishGolf support form to ask about why my handicap was displayed in red and why I didn't have the general play button.

Today I got a couple of automated emails from them saying I was now a member of my club and that my email address had changed. Both of those should have been fine so I suspect they had some sort of mismatch behind the scenes. Anyway, my handicap now shows blue and I can see the general play button. Just need to wait until spring so I can use it :D

Why not put in scores now?
I am planning on putting in a general play score tomorrow and perhaps Sunday.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Course isn't playing as a properly measured course at the moment. Winter tees everywhere and a few temporary greens. Maybe if I find myself playing down the coast at some point I'll give it a go.

It actually raises an interesting question. With the app you don't need to speak to anyone in the club to put in a score. So who's going to stop invalid scores going in when temps are on etc?
If your system is the same as England’s the home club still have to accept casu/supplementary scores before they take effect.