Scottish Forum Meet 15 th June Muckhart GC

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thoroughly enjoyed putting more faces to names, guys. Fabian and Andy, you were grand company and very understanding during my frequent sulks with my game. Glad (and surprised) to get 35 points after all those self-rage inducing shots, particularly the chips.

Thought the course was in cracking nick. Very lush with great greens and we were very lucky to get virtually no wind and just a few holes of rain. It wouldn't be a Scottish forum meet without some, lets face it. And well done to Crawford on a cracking 39 pointer, which I believe could have been even better on the way in.

Here are the photos and a wee bit vid of Andy and Fabian mainly.

IMG_1184.jpg

IMG_1185_2.jpg

IMG_1176.jpg

IMG_1181.jpg

IMG_1182.jpg

T

thecraw

Brilliant time was had yesterday, so glad that I managed to finally make one of these meets and put faces to the names.

Muckhart was in great condition and you have to hand it to their staff for such a great conditioned golf course.

Anyway onto the golf. I was lucky enough to be drawn with Steve, Staurt and Derek and even luckier to get Derek as a partner. Del will be making an appearance in the next Jaws film. A bigger fin you will never ever see on a golf course. It may have taken him a wee while to come onto his game but boy when he did he kicked ass!!!!!! (well done partner!)

Steve also forgot to mention in his little review that we very very very very nearly had the first ever Golf Monthly Outing hole-in-one. Steve hit a majestic straight down the flag shot into the tenth, so much so I was already heading back to the bar to order my double Glenlivet, (Steve was even heard muttering, "dont dare go in" tight git!) sadly it nestled just behind the flag for a tap in birdie 2, which was good enough for the half thanks to my aquatic partner who managed a supperb "bump and run" up and down for a 3 net 2. We wont say any more Del!!!!! I would have thought that a shot of that quality would have merrited a round of drinks anyway!

Loved the course, enjoyed the company and extend my hospitality to anyone of the guys who were there that they are welcome to pop through to Ranfurly Castle anytime for a game. Thanks for organising the day Steve.

Also, Fabian, aka Farneyman, do you always try to break into clubhouses through locked doors?

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Also Fabian aka Farneyman made the school boy error of not taking his waterproofs with him and got totally soaked.

Thanks again to Muckhart GC for there hospitality and great conditioned golf course .
When i saw my ball rolling towards the hole on the 10 th it was squeeky bum time i admit :D :D because my last one cost me £160, even with a tap in 2 we only got a half as Derek had a 3 net 2 as Crawford said at least Robin Hood wore a mask :D :D. At least the big man took it in jest.

Hope to see everyone again soon or at Letham Grange and if any fancies a game at Scotscraig meantime just let me no

DelB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I feel I have to come on and defend myself!! ;)

I'm sure that all my playing partners for the day will agree that, for the most part, I am to golf what Ronnie Corbett is to basketball. However, I did come onto a bit of a purple patch and managed to get even Crawford out of jail on the odd occasion! :p

Anyway, thanks again guys for a great day out. :cool:

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
I feel I have to come on and defend myself!! ;)

I'm sure that all my playing partners for the day will agree that, for the most part, I am to golf what Ronnie Corbett is to basketball. However, I did come onto a bit of a purple patch and managed to get even Crawford out of jail on the odd occasion! :p

Anyway, thanks again guys for a great day out. :cool:

Nice one mate if you sort out your putting your handicap will come tumbling down :D :D :D

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Good to see you all had a great day,it's a course I played last May and contary to Birdiemans beliefs it is a track I thoroughly enjoyed although the older 18 are the best imo. :D
You did well not to get a longer spell of rain as well lads.

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well good times had by all, myself included.

A really good day and enjoyed the company, even noticed some strange wildlife at the course in the form of a flying pitching wedge ;), need to make the next one an overnighter so we can have a good swally aswell.

As for the course it was really good, the greens were tricky on the front 9 but run pretty true. Managed to sink a few good putts. My driving was a bit iffy as usual but all in all 34 points with 2 blobs left me happy.

As for the waterproofs... heres the real story which makes it worse.... I carried them for the front 9 breaking quite a sweat so I decided to dump them at the car as the 9th was beside my car..... big mistake. Started raining on our 11/12th and was pretty heavy for a bit. So I think thats even worse than not having them at all. It could have been worse.

So again looking forward to the next one, possibly a meet in Aug/Sept?

Cheers again to everyone, esp. Steve for organising it and my partners for the day Andy and John.

A wetish Farneyman :p

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Can those that took pictures arrange with Mike at GM to get them sent in so they can be added to the review and maybe as a gallery on the website. Can someone please give us the breakdown of the scores/format as I'm not sure who did what

T

thecraw

It was stableford and myself and del b managed to snatch victory from steve and stuart in the real match.

Victory for the sabertooths!

B

birdieman

Nice to hear a good day was had by all. More photos/film clips would be good for us forummers who couldn't be there.

it's a course I played last May and contary to Birdiemans beliefs it is a track I thoroughly enjoyed

Glad to hear that Dodger ;) ;)

T

thecraw

Del,

did any of your photographs turn out? If so any chance of posting them?

DelB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi Crawford.

I only got 4 taken before the battery died, so will upload them later on. They're not as good as the ones John took, though. :eek: