Scottish Fitba'

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I suggest that the majority of the supporters of the huge majority of Scottish clubs are united in their support for the national team and united against the bigotry of the few rather than divided by it.
H'mm. That may well be the case, But unfortunately, it's the bigotry that pervades and pollutes the general impression of Scottish football!

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
What makes my post sectarian rather than a dig at our rivals, in the same way Ken has at mine?

What we are saying is nothing about sectarian more about my team is better than yours.
Where did I actually say/suggest your post was sectarian! I didn't! It was a generalisation! However, your reaction typifies, to me, the problems Scottish football has!

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
You quoted my post so by definition it's aimed at my post.
o_O:rolleyes::ROFLMAO:
Sums up the issue. As more of a Rugby follower, where 'opposing' fans can and are seated together, the tribalism of Football amazes and too often offends me.
Therefore, I'm out!

Last edited:

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
o_O:rolleyes::ROFLMAO:
Sums up the issue. As more of a Rugby follower, where 'opposing' fans can and are seated together, the tribalism of Football amazes and too often offends me.
Therefore, I'm out!

?? create a stooshie and bail ??

Sometime it's better just to accept you got it wrong.

And don't try and educate me on rugby supporters, ive been all over Europe sitting with fans if other teams.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
You didn't but its the usual line Rangers fans take when people talk up Celtic so if that's not what your tact then was then so be it.

My point is factually accurate none the less.
"Usual line Rangers fans take"...?

ps have you got stats on coefficient, not disagreeing, just interested.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
?? create a stooshie and bail ??

Sometime it's better just to accept you got it wrong.

And don't try and educate me on rugby supporters, ive been all over Europe sitting with fans if other teams.
Sucked back in!
Not me creating the stooshie (a term I've not seen/heard in about 60 years!).
How do you resolve the difference between your spectator experiences of Rugby with that of your Football one? I know which one I prefer! And Rugby's 'friendly rivalry' amongst spectators is the same all over the world, even Southern Africa.
Oh..And what did I actually get wrong? As opposed to what you assumed I meant that you disagree with.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Sucked back in!
Not me creating the stooshie (a term I've not seen/heard in about 60 years!).
How do you resolve the difference between your spectator experiences of Rugby with that of your Football one? I know which one I prefer! And Rugby's 'friendly rivalry' amongst spectators is the same all over the world, even Southern Africa.
Oh..And what did I actually get wrong? As opposed to what you assumed I meant that you disagree with.

I got exactly what you meant, you tried to stir as normal.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
A poor night for the coefficient ?

Too many of these minnows are looked on as merely bait, all Scottish teams have suffered over the years at the hands of so called smaller sides.

This is the thing Val, in my opinion a lot of these teams are very good, well set up and hard to beat.
Anyone that's played sport knows that there is no easy games, regardless of what people think.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
This is the thing Val, in my opinion a lot of these teams are very good, well set up and hard to beat.
Anyone that's played sport knows that there is no easy games, regardless of what people think.

Absolutely, we've seen it tonnes of times over the years with all Scottish clubs been beaten by teams we had never heard of and all looked decent and fearless when up against them. Defended well and attacked with pace. These early season European ties are murder.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Looking like St.M will give St.J some competition for last place this season.
Kilmarnock will definitely stay up. Yes, they lost at Ibrox but they look a decent side.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Looking like St.M will give St.J some competition for last place this season.
Kilmarnock will definitely stay up. Yes, they lost at Ibrox but they look a decent side.
…especially if St.J do more often what they didn’t do last season…I.e. score a winner or grab an equaliser after losing a very late, often added time, goal. They often do the latter, rarely do the former. How careless of the Well. COYS - maybe all is not lost.

Last edited: