Scottish Fitba'

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
KenL-Is that me put back in my place then:p? Fair comment though,but still think WE need to go the (don't want to say attack or offensive- in case taken out of context) but would be good PR?...............No clues from the inside -yet- as to thinking about getting 'feel-good back?!?o_O

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
KenL-Is that me put back in my place then:p? Fair comment though,but still think WE need to go the (don't want to say attack or offensive- in case taken out of context) but would be good PR?...............No clues from the inside -yet- as to thinking about getting 'feel-good back?!?o_O

Speak English please. ?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Well, well, well, well, well...a diddy team from a small provincial city wins the cup double in Scotland. Super Saintees are now the second most successful team in Scotland this century. Who’d have guessed. Fabulous and unreal.

As many observers of Scottish football are saying...quite possibly, if not probably, the greatest achievement by a Scottish club...ever. Those who know little of Scottish football and the likes of teams such as St Johnstone when faced with the OF and the teams of the major Scottish cities, might not understand why...but yes...it is so.

Obviously more than great for St Johnstone supporters, but to all supporters of the 40 of 42 Scottish clubs. Not that long ago StJ were scraping the bottom of Div2. Keep the Faith.

Now what we need is Callum Davidson writing the next UK entry for Eurovision and David Wotherspoon and Shaun Booth duetting...Eurovision sorted.

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
KenL...think that we could be a bit more magnanimous here ( you know, set some sort of example ( is S. G. on here?) and split the award between both of them-and to hell with the pen-pushers at the SFA & SPL -(they do sod all for the game anyway )! ....S.G. should just come out and say that although winning the SPL is the standard etc., what an achievement it's been for Callum Davidson -in his 1st full year in management it's been to guide his club to not 1 but 2 cup finals AND winning both and that he thinks that it's only fair that this Manager of the Year Trophy should be shared!!!!
Setting a precedent?? Good!! Let's get on the front foot here-show that we care about all ( hmm, may be pushing that a bit:devilish:)-and are big enough to say so!
Bring it on!.........................................Oh, and SMANGE--maybe a cup game ?-stop hiding :whistle:!
Brilliant post sir. Doubt it’ll happen though.

TigerTime

Visit site
We'll have to agree to differ on the majority of both supports bit.
ALL clubs not just the old firm, should study media pictures to identify and get rid of these morons.

I've never heard sectarianism from any fans apart from Rangers fans. And even then, playing the whataboutery card about your bigoted cousins doesn't wash. The topic for discussion was Rangers fans.

I remember 25,000 or so at Hampden telling Alan Stubbs to cheer up because he was a 'sad f b'. Cheer up he did :)

I've been to Ibrox in the away end loads of times and heard 50,000 sing sectarian chants/songs. I've heard it on the TV at away grounds and Ibrox, I see it rampant on social media, I've heard it in the street or the pub.

It's never a minority, it's the majority. Any football fan outwith the confines of Ibrox will tell you that.

Let's not paint it as an minority please.

Last edited:

TigerTime

Visit site
Well, well, well, well, well...a diddy team from a small provincial city wins the cup double in Scotland. Super Saintees are now the second most successful team in Scotland this century. Who’d have guessed. Fabulous and unreal.

As many observers of Scottish football are saying...quite possibly, if not probably, the greatest achievement by a Scottish club...ever. Those who know little of Scottish football and the likes of teams such as St Johnstone when faced with the OF and the teams of the major Scottish cities, might not understand why...but yes...it is so.

Obviously more than great for St Johnstone supporters, but to all supporters of the 40 of 42 Scottish clubs. Not that long ago StJ were scraping the bottom of Div2. Keep the Faith.

Now what we need is Callum Davidson writing the next UK entry for Eurovision and David Wotherspoon and Shaun Booth duetting...Eurovision sorted.

Well done St. Johnstone. No bitterness from me. Cup double is amazing and I doubt we will ever see it again in our lifetimes in Scotland outside of the usual two. It could’ve been Hibs if the club didn’t have a bottle merchant for a manager.

What a season you've had.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I've never heard sectarianism from any fans apart from Rangers fans. And even then, playing the whataboutery card about your bigoted cousins doesn't wash. The topic for discussion was Rangers fans.

I remember 25,000 or so at Hampden telling Alan Stubbs to cheer up because he was a 'sad f b'. I've been to Ibrox in the away end loads of times and heard 50,000 sing sectarian chants/songs. I've heard it on the TV at away grounds and Ibrox, I see it rampant on social media, I've heard it in the street or the pub.

It's never a minority, it's the majority. Any football fan outwith the confines of Ibrox will tell you that.

Let's not paint it as an minority please.

One positive development over the last week is what seems to be a concerted effort by those in power to drop the catch-all "sectarian" tag and to call it what it is - anti-Catholic bigotry.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
No matter. The SFA view (as voiced by Ian Maxwell) is that the chaos that started outside Ibrox with 15,000 gathering prior to marching to George Square waving Union Jacks and Rangers flags and singing Rangers songs of support and catholic hatred was nothing to do with the football club, nothing the club could have done, and therefore no sanctions will be imposed - or even considered - by the SFA.

Just a similar sort of fearful and deluded denial we hear from Republican senators and congressmen that the 6th Jan storming of the US Capitol was nothing to do with Trump. Indeed according to one representative many if not most individuals inside the Capitol building were tourists...oh yes. Tourists...just like those friendly Glaswegians having fun and a bit of gay badinage and ribaldry in George Square...tourists from Govan...? ?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
No matter. The SFA view (as voiced by Ian Maxwell) is that the chaos that started outside Ibrox with 15,000 gathering prior to marching to George Square waving Union Jacks and Rangers flags and singing Rangers songs of support and catholic hatred was nothing to do with the football club, nothing the club could have done, and therefore no sanctions will be imposed - or even considered - by the SFA.

Just a similar sort of fearful and deluded denial we hear from Republican senators and congressmen that the 6th Jan storming of the US Capitol was nothing to do with Trump. Indeed according to one representative many if not most individuals inside the Capitol building were tourists...oh yes. Tourists...just like those friendly Glaswegians having fun and a bit of gay badinage and ribaldry in George Square...tourists from Govan...? ?

Meanwhile Strathclyde Police have reviewed the video of Rangers players breaking covid rules in an Ibrox function room drinking, dancing (and some apparently singing FTP) and have announced they can find no evidence of criminality. Hmmm.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Meanwhile Strathclyde Police have reviewed the video of Rangers players breaking covid rules in an Ibrox function room drinking, dancing (and some apparently singing FTP) and have announced they can find no evidence of criminality. Hmmm.

Careful what you say, the club are taking legal action against "certain individuals"
You do know the video was doctored don't you?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Careful what you say, the club are taking legal action against "certain individuals"
You do know the video was doctored don't you?

1. who are they taking action against? I know they have said they are, but no-one has been named and it looks / sounds like empty rhetoric.
2. I know they have claimed it was doctored, but where is the evidence? I've seen a few AV experts say it's genuine. If it has indeed been doctored, then all the club needs to do is release the original which was obviously filmed by a Rangers employee.
3. what about the blatant breaking of covid rules, facilitated by the club?

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I knew a guy who was a die-hard Celtic fan and so bigoted he would not go into his local village pub if this particular Rangers fan had gotten there first.
His wife bought him a massive tub of 1,000 golf tees with his name on for Christmas one year. He went and sorted out all the blue and orange ones and burned them.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
1. who are they taking action against? I know they have said they are, but no-one has been named and it looks / sounds like empty rhetoric.
2. I know they have claimed it was doctored, but where is the evidence? I've seen a few AV experts say it's genuine. If it has indeed been doctored, then all the club needs to do is release the original which was obviously filmed by a Rangers employee.
3. what about the blatant breaking of covid rules, facilitated by the club?

The police with their "av experts" clearly think it is fake as if true they would whip out the new hate crime bill.

The drinking indoor bit "might" not be an issue if it is only the people who work together on a day to day basis and are all regularly tested.